Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Before I get to my problem here is a little background info on the vehicle. It is a 2006 Trailblazer 4.2 LT2 with 200,000 miles. I have owned the vehicle for 9 years and up until recently I have never had a problem. I stayed up to date on all regular and recommended maintenance. No mods either...

Alright so the problem I am having is this, the SES light will begin flashing under two conditions. First of which is if the vehicle is left idling for minutes at a time. Second scenario is driving within city limits after prolonged highway travel. By that I mean, after my hour and a half commute, once I enter stop and go traffic within the city, the SES light will begin flashing and occasionally there will be a rough idle however, it will immediately disappear once I accelerate. The code that is appearing is the p0306 cylinder 6 misfire.

I have already repaired the following: New spark plugs (twice for cylinder 6), new coil packs, dealer repaired wiring,complete fuel system clean out (per two dealership recommendations), throttle body has been cleaned, and new air filter.

I have had two diagnostics run on the vehicle with both reporting different possibilities. The local GMC dealership had the vehicle for 3 days and took it out for multiple test drives, scanned it, etc... and they believe it to be either a lifter problem or cam shaft issue (Both of which are estimated at $1000 repair cost)... The second diagnostic was run by a locally owned shop and they believe that if my vehicle was experiencing the issues stated by GMC, I would be having additional problems. Therefore, they ruled it out. They came back with the belief that there was an airflow issue. Supposedly with the Air plenum...

Does anyone have any thoughts with this?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Compression test came back normal in all 6 cylinders. I cant remember the exact numbers they gave me but they all tested alright. I am not entirely sure of a vacuum leak. Wouldnt that have been something they would have found while it was hooked into the computer or while they had the engine apart?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
My 04 TB ran like crap after battery disconnect. Put new computer update and it runs like new

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Hey guys idk how to make a new post but I have a issue going on and hopefully o can help me with it. A few weeks ago I had a misfire in cylinder 4 so I just decided to replace all plugs because it was due for them to be changed. I replaced them with ac delco 41-103 put everything back together and it ran fine for a while then it started to misfire again and checked all the plugs gapped correctly and before I checked everything there was no ses light on put everything back together and it still misfires and the ses light finally came on with secondary air injection and random misfired today took everything apart looked everything over again and I found nothing wrong can anyone help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts