Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so if i were to drive 60km/hr and then shift down into gear 2, would that be bad for my Trailblazer?

P
R
N
D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
422 Posts
Isn't 60km/hr about 35ish in mph? If so I don't believe it's bad. Pretty sure this was discussed in a differnt post but I don't think the post was labeled correct so I can't find it. Someone gave a good description on what it does and basically no haha unless I'm that bad with my km/hr --> mph conversions. :undecided I just wouldn't go into first unless I'm stopped because I accidently did while I was going about 5mph and it didn't feel too healthy hahaha

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If my info is correct, that would be about 37 mph?

That, IMHO, shouldn't hurt the trans, as long as you don't do it too often. :m2:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
476 Posts
Under normal conditions, downshifting while traveling at a higher than normal speed (for that gear) should not bring about the actual down shift until your vehicle slowed to a speed within the parameters of that gear. As lond as you keep your foot off the accelerator as the truck slows it should downshift.

The only time this would not happen is if you've done a modification (such as a tune that alters the shift points for the tranny). With some tunes the change is so dramatic that when you downshift the trans will drop down into the selected gear "at any speed". That can be bad news for transmissions and rear axles.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
141 Posts
would a pcmforless tune cause the vehicle to downshift at any speed ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts