Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 2005 Envoy Denali. I anticipated that the cabin noise would be zero to minimal seeing that the Denali's especially are supposed to provide a quieter ride due to increased sound insulation. This is definitely not the case. It appears as if all of the doors are loose, or don't latch tightly enough. This is heard when driving down normal roads with few bumps and increases dramatically when driving down bumpy roads as you would expect.

When I purchased it, there was electrical tape wrapped around the latch attached to the frame in order to provide some dampening from the door latch banging off of it. Does anyone know of a permanent or at least less temporary fix for this? Neither part of the door latch attached to the door or frame are adjustable so that is definitely out of the question. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way mine is set up, the screw is tapered in a way that matches the striker plate so regardless of the way that I move the striker plate when I loosen the screws, when tightened the plate is guided back into its original position.

Does this make sense?

I have read posts of people suggesting that these can be adjusted, but in my case I am 90%+ sure that they can't be adjusted in this way.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
228 Posts
ever find

Ever find a solution on the problem??? Have the same isue on my car.

Sounds like the door wants to open on the drivers side when hitting bumps. They tell me "we can not duplicate the problem" bull$&#T....

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts