Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a remote start/alarm on my 04 TB.

Alarm is Hornet 564T
Bypass used Omega DB-GMDL-BP

Problem: I Hit unlock door button with Hornet remote, all doors unlock and both factory and aftermarket alarm disable. With in 30-45 sec factory alarm re locks door and shows and security light is on the in the inst. panel. I then hit the unlock again with the Hornet remote and all doors unlock again, security light goes on on inst. panel and all is good. Everything else works fine. Sensors,remote start, hood sensor all fine. Just this problem.

Any help would be great. If not guess i will wait till Monday and call the bypass company.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
my alarm works this same way [prestige alarm]

mine work off of my interior dome lights...when my domes are on, my alarm stay disengaged...once they turn off i have 30sec before it arms...

personally i like it cause if i let someone run out to my car, i kno itll re-lock/arm or if i forget it will as well...then give me a lil chirp on my pager to remind me i forgot :duh:

thers a way to get around this...before yu turn yur key to the off position turn off yur dome lights...(dome override button under yur headlight control) when yu open yur door yur lights wont go on but this will prevent yur alarm from automatically engaging, if this is wat yu want

if yur domes are already off and yu unlock yur doors, yu then have 30sec again for the arm...yu can then put the key in ignition, turn to ON position ( dont need to turn on vehicle, then return to off nd take out key, yull be good to go...its kinda confuzzling but yull get the hang of it...hope this helped, of not...ill be bak :cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my alarm works this same way [prestige alarm]

mine work off of my interior dome lights...when my domes are on, my alarm stay disengaged...once they turn off i have 30sec before it arms...

personally i like it cause if i let someone run out to my car, i kno itll re-lock/arm or if i forget it will as well...then give me a lil chirp on my pager to remind me i forgot :duh:

thers a way to get around this...before yu turn yur key to the off position turn off yur dome lights...(dome override button under yur headlight control) when yu open yur door yur lights wont go on but this will prevent yur alarm from automatically engaging, if this is wat yu want

if yur domes are already off and yu unlock yur doors, yu then have 30sec again for the arm...yu can then put the key in ignition, turn to ON position ( dont need to turn on vehicle, then return to off nd take out key, yull be good to go...its kinda confuzzling but yull get the hang of it...hope this helped, of not...ill be bak :cool:
its not when arming i am saying that when i go to get in you have to unlock then either get in real fast or wait and unlock a second time. the aftermarket alarm disarms and arms when ever i want it to right when i push the lock or unlock button. its the factory alarm and only factory alarm that arms again. I will try the dome light thing though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
please help were are all of our installers out there. :(

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I just installed a remote start/alarm on my 04 TB.

Alarm is Hornet 564T
Bypass used Omega DB-GMDL-BP

Problem: I Hit unlock door button with Hornet remote, all doors unlock and both factory and aftermarket alarm disable. With in 30-45 sec factory alarm re locks door and shows and security light is on the in the inst. panel. I then hit the unlock again with the Hornet remote and all doors unlock again, security light goes on on inst. panel and all is good. Everything else works fine. Sensors,remote start, hood sensor all fine. Just this problem.

Any help would be great. If not guess i will wait till Monday and call the bypass company.
just to clarify, the hornet does not re-arm?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
This has to do with the factory alarm. If you hit the button once the doors will re-lock and the alarm will arm as a safety feature incase you hit the button on accident after locking the vehicle. If you hit the button twice within 3 seconds this should not be a problem. If this doesn't fix the problem, I don't really know what to tell you. Sorry!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It might be a feature on the alarm. Check the manual. I just installed a clifford 50.7x and it has a feature on it like that. If you hit the unlock/disarm button it will unlock, but after 30 seconds after the last door is shut it will lock the doors again.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the help i have noticed if i hit the button twice within 3 sec then it stays unlocked. Yes it is the factory alarm doing i called the company of the bypass and they said some factory alarms will do that

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
This has to do with the factory alarm. If you hit the button once the doors will re-lock and the alarm will arm as a safety feature incase you hit the button on accident after locking the vehicle. If you hit the button twice within 3 seconds this should not be a problem. If this doesn't fix the problem, I don't really know what to tell you. Sorry!
thanks for all the help i have noticed if i hit the button twice within 3 sec then it stays unlocked. Yes it is the factory alarm doing i called the company of the bypass and they said some factory alarms will do that
I couldn't find this info in the owners manual:undecided

·
Registered
694 Posts
I couldn't find this info in the owners manual:undecided
I don't think it is in the owners manual, I believe it is only in the shop manual. Don't ask me why, it would save a lot of confusion! :bonk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts