Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new post from a previous thread. More stuff has happened, so it seemed logical to start a new thread with it.

Last Tuesday, the front passenger door just electrically died. Nothing with power works, no power lock, no power window, no power mirror, no door jamb switch, no switch lights. I swapped the Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM) with another known good one, and no change. This led me to assume that the FPDM was not getting power. I checked power to the FPDM and it's good on both connectors C1 (Battery Voltage from RT DOORS circuit breaker in Rear Fuse Block) and C2 (Battery Voltage from PDM Fuse, Fuse 12 in Rear Fuse Block). I tested power using FPDM ground (C1, Pin A). Today, 1 week later, the driver door died, and the rear wiper died. The ABS light also came on about the same time as the passenger door problem. All fuses are good. I'm completely stumped! I don't believe that these are all separate issues.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the problems are caused by rodents chewing wires. I found droppings, insulation for nesting, and chewed wires under the right rear seat. Two wires leading into the splice block were chewed off and laying in the nest. i am having to cut the underseat carpet to check for more wiring issues. I have found one broken/chewed wire beneath the rear seat back mount. I will need to remove the rear seat back to chase it. Does anybody know how to remove the seat backs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts