Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the front door seals on the SS, Saab or Rainer's is different then the one on the envoy's and the trailblazers. Also does anyone know if they have updated the design at all since 2003 on the door seals.

I did a search but didn't come up with an answer (that might be user error too).

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used some black silicone door seal stuff on the channel for the rear seals. Clamped them till they dried and they have held for about 3 years. I didnt go crazy with the silicone goop just kind of used it in spots that needed it.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
The reviews on the internet say the Rainier's seals are upgraded. I have a Rainier but haven't seen an Envoy or TB to know the difference. I however can say, I can not see any way my door seals could move around at all.

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder what the difference is between those 2 parts. I am guessing its not backward compatible. Maybe somethign different in the grove or the actual metal edging. Anyone able to actually look at a 2007 model and see if there is a difference in the seal design.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
Here is the info per Buick for the introduction of the 2004 Rainier.

"Buick also debuted the QuietTuning sound insulation on the Rainier. Buick's QuietTuning involved designing a vehicle with sound dampening features like triple door seals, acoustic laminate glass, and thicker sound-absorbing pads on the hood and firewall."

Looks like the Quiettuning was only included on the Buick for 04 and seems to include a different doorseal at least for 2004 and previous.

I can attest my Rainier is the quietest vehicle I have owned in all my years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.