Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't even know what to call these things. They are rubber door seals on the leading edge (closest to the front seats) on the rear doors. They have a little, thick, piece of rubber that hooks over the top of the door frame and they push on down the leading edge of the door and actually hang on the door themself, not attached to the frame of the vehicle.

On both rear doors, the door seal will simply not stay on. They continue to fall off on their own. You konw they are off by the way the door feels when you shut it.

I asked at the dealer, when I was there one day, and they don't have a recall on these or any issues they know of, but I sure find it hard to believe both of my rear doors have this issue but no other Trailblazer has the issue. The cost to replace them at the dealership was about $30 for each part (as I recall).

Has anyone had a problem with these leading edge door seals and if so, is there a parts store that carries a replacement? I can't find them anywhere but the dealership. I live in Arizona and with the blowing dust and the monsoon season that will be approaching, I'd like to get them fixed correctely.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve, I had already looked at that item. It relates to the front door seals. This is a rubber seal that hangs on the actual rear door on the leading edge. It's not mounted to the frame in any way. It hangs on the front edge of the door and us a U-shaped channel that pushes on the leading edge of the door.

If anyone else has had issues with these, please let me know. I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a replacement if they are going to continue to fall off. It's a pain but if they always fail, it's not worth the cash.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
349 Posts
I have the issue w/ my left rear door around the curved lower part of the door frame. It will fall down and sag. I havent done anything about this YET. The door seal modification is NOT the problem.

Im thinking a little silicone to hold it in there? I dunno, I just dont want to fight w/ the dealer about it.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
67 Posts
Don't know whether this is related, but I have a chronic rubbing/rattling noise that seems to come from the driver's side rear door seal rubbing against the B pillar. Dealer has tried three times to fix it and it won't stop.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
157 Posts
Silicone only lasted a week or so for me. I could do a better job of it, but I think I may try some 3m spray on glue instead...
Hot glue would set nice and fast, but how well would it stick to the painted metal? I have doubts! :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,084 Posts
I've used Loctite Extreme Repair on a Jeep that I had, to fix the same problem. It worked very well and I'm going to use it on my rear door rubber seals to do the same thing. I got it at Home Depot.

Give it a shot and see how you go.

Matt

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
157 Posts
Just to update, I used the "gorilla snot" :)
It sets up faster and holds much better than silicone... You can definately get the job done with silicone, but not as well or as quickly.

My back doors close without slamming now!!! YAY!
Thanks Roadie!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't even know what to call these things. They are rubber door seals on the leading edge (closest to the front seats) on the rear doors. They have a little, thick, piece of rubber that hooks over the top of the door frame and they push on down the leading edge of the door and actually hang on the door themself, not attached to the frame of the vehicle.

On both rear doors, the door seal will simply not stay on. They continue to fall off on their own. You konw they are off by the way the door feels when you shut it.

I asked at the dealer, when I was there one day, and they don't have a recall on these or any issues they know of, but I sure find it hard to believe both of my rear doors have this issue but no other Trailblazer has the issue. The cost to replace them at the dealership was about $30 for each part (as I recall).

Has anyone had a problem with these leading edge door seals and if so, is there a parts store that carries a replacement? I can't find them anywhere but the dealership. I live in Arizona and with the blowing dust and the monsoon season that will be approaching, I'd like to get them fixed correctely.

Thanks,
John
Had the same problem, some 3M double sided tape fixed it for me... 1+ month and counting....

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
56 Posts
Both of mine are doing the same thing. I have a friend that works at a body shop and he said they use some kind of windshield adhesive... I'm not sure exactly what he is talking about, but maybe someone here does... :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.