Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the plastic molding strips near the bottom of my 2008 Trailblazers doors, but peeling them back a bit it doesn’t look like my car is painted underneath. Has anyone else noticed this? It even looks like the paint stops right at the molding because I can see a lip. Is this true or is it something I need to scrub off to get to the paint? I don’t want to completely take them off to find no paint underneath.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4.20 L
127 Posts
has it been repainted? not sure how the factory would have painted around the trim. there are some fantastic spray cans available these days if it goes that way you will be ok.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
has it been repainted? not sure how the factory would have painted around the trim. there are some fantastic spray cans available these days if it goes that way you will be ok.
It’s been owned by my grandparents until I got it a few years back so I highly doubt it. But that’s why I thought it was so strange because I didn’t think they painted over that when painting the body of a new car. And I’d still be worried about being able to see a difference if I paint over it now vs the original paint.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4.20 L
127 Posts
maybe pop one panel off and peak. as far as the difference due to sun exposure you can use one of several polishing compounds that work real well to help blend the paint. just be careful with your tools so you don't leave dents or scratches on anything. maybe pull out the bottom so it isnt as noticeable? im not sure how the panels are affixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.