Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2004 Trailblazer EXT LS about 2 months ago and I recently developed a weird issue. When I hit unlock on my keyfob, only the driver door unlocks and it won't unlock the passenger doors even if I keep hitting the buttons. It also won't let me lock the vehicle again until after the perimeter lights turn off. I also discovered that if I hold the passenger door handle, the keyfob lets me unlock the rest of the doors. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence though. I have 2 keyfobs that I got when I purchased the vehicle, labeled 1 and 2 so I think they're original. I tried replacing the batteries in them as well, which didn't make a difference. Is there a controller somewhere for keyless access that may be going bad? Occasionly the lock/unlock work fine, but usually it's just the driver door that works on the first press and no reaction to presses after.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,328 Posts
The Liftgate Module (LGM) is the receiver for the FOBs, the LGM sends info the Body Control Module (BCM) which then controls the door locks. I think you will need to have a technician, who has a high-end scan tool, look at the BCM functions to diagnose this weird problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts