Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently purchased '05 TB LS. Drivers door would not open with a key but ok with fob. Replaced the lock cylinder and clip. During this process, the rod came off of the actuator and am not sure where to connect it to?

Additionally, my son was trying to complete the job and a "yellow part fell off". I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is and how to replace it? It appears that the lower part is broken and will not clip into the mating spot.

Can anyone id this part? And while on the topic of parts, best place for oem parts for the TB? Thanks
IMG_7981 2.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
[email protected]! I wuz just in there and saw that same part - but for the life of me, I don't remember much. I'm old, so that's OK.... maybe!

Let me see if'n I can find a picture for ya.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out. Does not come with the actuator. Need to buy the complete lock and actuator. Got a junk yard part, all good now. Thanks for the help Ravalli.

·
Registered
634 Posts
OK - I found a video for you and I hope that it helps. I've downloaded it for myself - but I've been doing these doors and regulators for years and just generally coast through them without using too much gray matter.

Usually I'm thinking about a Bluegrass Festival rehearsal during that time - so there's that too.

Reactions: Jays2005TB

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well you got me!

BUT for others who might still be in a fog - here's the video:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Know anything about seat swaps? Looking at an 07 ss power into 05 manual. Is there a wired plug in my LS that will link up!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Know anything about seat swaps? Looking at an 07 ss power into 05 manual. Is there a wired plug in my LS that will link up!
I saw how that DOESN'T work on a similar situation for another GM product. It was learned that you have to stay pretty close to model and production year to even make it fit as a something upon which you can sit, even if it doesn't go UP or DOWN or BACK or FORTH or get HOT or - well, you understand right?

.... then there's telling the BCM or ECM that there are new/different seats in the vehicle and it may have a hissy and deny you the use of your seat, seat heater or even won't let you start your engine. <jk>

The swap I saw had a list of MILs and all sorts of alarms that just got nasty until things were made stock again.

Your results may vary - and good spirited hopes are being sent your way - please post a full video on the changeover.

·
Registered
634 Posts
double tap.... sorry

<gotta get more sleep>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts