Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the correct location, wasn't sure if this should be posted in interior or not.

Basically a few days ago I noticed that the lock on my front drivers side door (2004 LS TBlazer) was not working. When you press the button from the inside it kind of looks like it moves a little bit, but not enough to unlock it, almost like its stuck. Same thing when you press the unlock or lock on the remote it does nothing, depending on what position the lock is in it either stays locked or unlocked.

Any ideas? Is that just a solenoid behind the door panel that controls that lock?

Thank You!:confused:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
Same thing happened to me and I noticed that my TB only does it in extreme cold temps like -13C (8F). Luckily I always do the door handle jiggle test because I wouldn't have known my truck was unlocked. It is most likely the actuator.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the rust thing might be a possibility, especially since I live in Oregon.

Yeah I guess I just need to take the door panel off and see if anything stands out... Is it pretty simple to tell if the actuator is shot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
I am having this exact problem

Well the rust thing might be a possibility, especially since I live in Oregon.

Yeah I guess I just need to take the door panel off and see if anything stands out... Is it pretty simple to tell if the actuator is shot?

Thanks!

I am having this exact problem in the passenger front door on my 05 tb ls. It seems like it wants to move when you press the button or the remote, but it has great difficulty moving. Is it the solenoid or what?

Thanks.

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
I am having this exact problem in the passenger front door on my 05 tb ls. It seems like it wants to move when you press the button or the remote, but it has great difficulty moving. Is it the solenoid or what?

Thanks.
You recently posted this on the other site, right? It sounds just like one I helped with this morning.

Since we are all looking after each other, I thought I'd chime in to possibly help. This site is mainly used for archives, while the site this link represents has all the experts that made these archives.

Follow the link and see if it helps to cure your issue. Feel free to join there and use both sites as you enjoy your truck. Thing is, any money you give over there only supports the site. Money you give here goes into the pockets of the site owners. Big difference in believing in something.

Anyway, good luck and see you again soon at the other site!!!!!

Edit: Just noticed my link is bad, this site changes any reference to the other site as being from here. Copy and paste the following in a new browser, then remove the spaces: g mt na ti on.com/f93/how-replace-door-lock-actuator-7780/

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts

Thanks.
Me too on my 2005 Envoy passenger door:(

·
Registered
2009 chevy
263 Posts
Hello all,

I would be happy to check if there are any open recalls associated with your vehicle. All you have to do is private message me your VIN if interested.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts