Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Trailblazer Two issues. 1) Liftgate module falling asleep (3rd time). Issues (all intermittent, don't know what triggers the issues): Door locks-cannot use fob, must use key to open. Rear liftgate will not open or will not unlock or may even lock itself. Cannot open rear window. Radio used to shut off when opening doors, now shuts off already when you shut off the vehicle. Dome light stays on while driving. Result: Replaced & programmed left front door lock actuator & lift gate module. Replaced it twice in four years, now it is happening again. Question: Do I spend ANOTHER $800 to fix this AGAIN? After three times, would GM do anything for me? 2) Regardless of high or low thermostat setting, left vent ALWAYS blows cold air. Right vent works appropriately. I saw Trailvoy member Huggy03 post in 2008 that he replaced the replaced the mode actuator. Could that be a solution?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
291 Posts
Cold air on drivers side would be drivers BLEND (or temperature) door actuator. Accessible from below drivers side dash. There are 3 actuators down there, the one you are after is the rearmost one of those 3. Mode actuator is the one in the middle of those 3 and it controls dash vs floor air discharge. The frontmost one of those 3 is the defrost actuator and it opens or closes the windshield air outlets.

The Liftgate module receives the signals from the key fobs and also handles a few of your other issues. A known problem area is the wiring near the too of the hatch. Gets weakened with years of flexes and wires break inside the wire insulation so they 'look okay' when they are not.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr. Baker. That all makes sense, thank you very much for your expertise. As far as the liftgate, I'll start wiggling wires, especially in the tailgate hinge area to see it I can make the fob work or not work. Hopefully I can narrow the problem area down to a specific area.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
291 Posts
If you noodle around the internet you should be able to locate more information on the specific areas and wiring to check. Some folks replace that section of harness, getting the part from GM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts