Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone tell me why sometimes when i put the car into park, turn off the engine and take out the key the chime doesnt turn off. I Usually have to put the key back in turn it one click and back out and than it stops. and most of the time its fine.
and may i add while all this is happening the lights are off and all doors are closed..

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea what the part number is for a 05 gmc envoy xl 4.2 ign switch? and hows this work now can i keep the same key?

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
You can get it at your local auto parts store (same part for all model years), it's about $30 give or take a few bucks. There's a Sticky thread on how to replace it, it's not too bad, took me about a half hour to do mine. You won't be swapping the key cylinder itself, but the mechanism behind it that interfaces with the truck's electrical system, so you'll keep the same key. Good luck man, keep us posted! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I'm waiting for my switch to come in (prob this afternoon) so I'm going to change it today. I'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I changed my ign switch today and I'm in worse of a situation that I was, the prob where the chime stays on when I take out the key is still occurring and now when I start the car there's a second delay (when my key is turned all the way) for the engine to start.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
48 Posts
Steering wheel key chime, non stopping problem ..

This seems to explain whats going on quite well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts