Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'd like to remove the bumper looking things on the doors (not sure what they;re called exactly), tried to search forums but don;t know the exact name of those things. they're basically the plastic looking bars that go on the doors so if someone else opens their door and they are close to your car, it won;t damage your door. Not sure what they;re called but I think they;re just on with glue. Is there a preferred way of rippin them off? Are they on with rivets or screws? Should I heat them up before removing to not peal off the paint? thanks

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,307 Posts
Hi all, i'd like to remove the bumper looking things on the doors (not sure what they;re called exactly), tried to search forums but don;t know the exact name of those things. they're basically the plastic looking bars that go on the doors so if someone else opens their door and they are close to your car, it won;t damage your door. Not sure what they;re called but I think they;re just on with glue. Is there a preferred way of rippin them off? Are they on with rivets or screws? Should I heat them up before removing to not peal off the paint? thanks
those are just called "side moldings",,,a ton of people take them off,,,its a common mod,,they are just held on with a adhesive tape...easiest way is to get you a piece of fishing line,,start at one end and use a sawing motion,,,they will come right off.......the hardest part is getting the leftover stickum off the doors.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
214 Posts
those are just called "side moldings",,,a ton of people take them off,,,its a common mod,,they are just held on with a adhesive tape...easiest way is to get you a piece of fishing line,,start at one end and use a sawing motion,,,they will come right off.......the hardest part is getting the leftover stickum off the doors.

With my other car, I used 3M adhesive remover to take the glue off from the side moldings. If you can find a smaller can it might be worth it or if you have to do more work with it, otherwise it is $18 (here) a can (can't remember exact size but it is the same size as a lighter fluid can).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.