Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 trailblazer and it has been great until about a month ago. Everytime I get gas it doesn't start on first try....after that is is perfect until I have to get gas again. It stalled once at stop sign and I cleaned throttle body...it was a little gunky but not real bad. Dunno if that is in any way related. Any ideas on what could be wrong? thanks.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
try moving the key to start let the pump prime- then repeat- about 4-5 times.
Then try to start.
If it starts right away- then theres some issue with the gas cap/ gas tank and losing pressure in the gas line when you gas up...
and have you ever replaced the fuel filter--- it may be really gunked up.

thats all I can think about.... hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fuel filter is in the tank so I haven't changed it and probably never will...heh....but next time I get gas I will try the key thing to let pump prime.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
If it works fine with longer stops, it's probably not a prime problem. Although, I do think you have a pressure bleed-down.
I suspect you have an injector (or 2) that is not sealing. The leaking injector is allowing fuel to flood the engine and it must be purged before it will start. The engine purges the excess fuel while it spins.
It starts after a long stop, because the excess fuel evaporates while the truck is stopped.
Something like seafoam, or an quality injector cleaner should fix the problem. It is also possible, that the injector may need to be changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well got gas and moved key to start few time and it started right up...so is this something that can be fixed easily or will I need to take it to shop...I give my dad all my car probs...I'm not a mechanical girl...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts