Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went by my local car audio store to look at some double dins. The guy there said that my envoy's opening is too small for a double din. I have an '05 Envoy with the bose 6-disk. Whats the deal here, and is there anyway to work around it? I've seen plently of TV's on this sight with double dins.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
Strictly speaking without modification a double din head unit will not fit in a 2005 Envoy. Having said that my Pioneer Avic-D3 fits just fine with a mounting kit and cutting the plastic behind the stock radio. It is that cutting that makes it not fit to some car stereo shops and Crutchfield.

ct_mike

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Strictly speaking without modification a double din head unit will not fit in a 2005 Envoy. Having said that my Pioneer Avic-D3 fits just fine with a mounting kit and cutting the plastic behind the stock radio. It is that cutting that makes it not fit to some car stereo shops and Crutchfield.

ct_mike

Crutchfield says most double din units will fit the trucks with slight modification.. not an outright "this wont fit" anymore :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if i went with this deck
<http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105WAVX720/JVC-KW-AVX720.html?tp=75>
what mounting bracket would I need? And what mod do i make to make it fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts