Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry::cry:When I press on the gas I get this loud air sound...like it is trying to breathe. It is extremely loud in 1st gear. It sounds like a transfer truck with the loud airy sound when it takes off... any suggestions? I was told probably transmission problems.. Someone said my cam shaft was going out because everytime I stop my RPM goes under 1..shoots up to 2 and then shuts off. I think I may have 2 different problems...any suggestions?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
it sounds like you have 2 problems.
You say it sounds like a transfer truck/semi.
when the fan clutch fails- it makes this sound like a fan is pulling alot of air. sounds like a semi in 1st gear--- others describe it as an F-18.
If it does it for a while when COLD--- and then goes away- that is a little more normal...
if it does it all the time now even once warmed up-- You need a new fan clutch....

As for the problem with it going below 1 and then 2000 and then shutting off...
sounds like you recently had you battery disconnected.
now the engine idles rough and shuts off... at times..
especially with you at a stop- or making a slow speed turn.
This is especially apparent when you have the AC on or recirculate button on.
This is an easy fix. will require you to clean the throttle body.
about $5 for a cleaner and about 1 hour of your time.

since cleaning the throttle body is the easiest- do this 1st--- then we tackle the semi truck sound...
http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
My initial reaction was Fan Clutch.

I would have that checked out first. It's cheaper to fix if that is the issue :yes:

Chris

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
Fan clutch symptoms. It has no "pickup" correct? you have to build up speed. Don't let anyone touch the trans without having the fan clutch checked out first.
When I took mine to a shop I was told it was a transmission issue but I know it was not because I had the famous ticking earlier. I asked the guy if he knew anyone who worked at a dealer and he did. The guy change the fan clutch. All was fine after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts