Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reselling a wii online, i've gotten so many e-mails like this...

Hello,
Am interested in the item you advertised because i like the
condition you stated about it and I would like to make an outright
purchase immediately so i would want you withdraw the advert from the
web.
Regarding the payment term,I can only for now pay you with a
certified check in U.S dollars so pls let me have the following
informations so that the payment can be made to you :
.Your full name to be on the check.
2.Your postal address.
3.Your postal code
4.Your mobile phone number (For easier comunications).
Kindly get me the above requested information as soon as
possible.Concerning the shippment,it is my regular shipper that will
come for the pick up as soon as you recieve your money in hands.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards

Just a reminder to people...don't accept money orders or certified checks from people when selling online. Especially, when they are out of state...and have such poor spelling/grammar.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
421 Posts
Yes all the time. They also fall for your credit card is expired, please log in here and give us your password etc etc.

I am a Computer tech and I see all kinds of stuff people do.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they won't even except the item if i pay shipping. I've been messing around with them now.

my response: Could I mail it to you on my ups account? I'll cover the shipping costs. I only take cash...so I trust you'll send the money shortly after receiving the goods. If this works for you, please let me know ASAP.

his: NO I WILL LIKETO PAY YOU BACK CHECK SO JUST GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR FULL
1.name to be on the check.
2.Your postal address.
3.Your postal code
4.Your mobile phone number (For easier comunications

me: Send me your address, and i'll have it shipped out tomorrow. You can send payment after the holidays.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
303 Posts
I've had this happen to me while selling a Wii and a 360. Didn't fall for it either time, however, the first time, I had to think about it because I had never had it happen before. I can see how naive people would fall for this kind of stuff though. One of the ones I got was from someone stating their kid was in Ethiopia on a mission trip, and they wanted to send the item as a gift for X-mas. They sounded all sincere, and sort of legit, even though the story sounds like crap. Someone who was really nice and trusting may have gone through with it and gotten screwed. Unfortunately, for the scammers, I'm not so trusting.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far this is the best one. After I offer to pay shipping, and that he can pay me w/ a money gram after getting the system this is the conversation...

him: yes i hope this is a great idea s so what next .... so once i receive the game and is in good condition i will just send the money to you via western union or money gram...

me: I just need your address, I can have it shipped out tomorrow.

him: send it to my sister

gretta williams
618 north hackberry street apt 401
san antonio,texas 78202

and let me have the tracking number as soon as possible so that once the game is delievered and my sister check it and give me the go ahead to send the money so i will also need you information so that i can get the money send to you as soon as the game delivered thanks.....

me: I actually know where that is. My grandma lives maybe 10 minutes away from mall, towards the childrens hospital. I'll send it to her, then maybe your sister could just meet up with my grandma at the mall.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
i love threads like this.
see how long you can string them along:laugh:
I don't remember which site, but there's a site (like this one) where there are nothing but stories like this one. Where people post their various encounters. One guy was able to string the guy along for 3 months and it was still going. He would just reply back that he has sent the item, or it got lost in the mail, or he needed pictures of the person doing various things. He posted his email conversations with the guy online along with pics. It was hilarious!

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
So far this is the best one. After I offer to pay shipping, and that he can pay me w/ a money gram after getting the system this is the conversation...

him: yes i hope this is a great idea s so what next .... so once i receive the game and is in good condition i will just send the money to you via western union or money gram...

me: I just need your address, I can have it shipped out tomorrow.

him: send it to my sister

gretta williams
618 north hackberry street apt 401
san antonio,texas 78202

and let me have the tracking number as soon as possible so that once the game is delievered and my sister check it and give me the go ahead to send the money so i will also need you information so that i can get the money send to you as soon as the game delivered thanks.....

me: I actually know where that is. My grandma lives maybe 10 minutes away from mall, towards the childrens hospital. I'll send it to her, then maybe your sister could just meet up with my grandma at the mall.
Thats GREAT! :laugh:

I do this too, especially when I get those emails telling me that I will get a million dollars if I collect a 5 million dollar lottery winnng for someone. You can get pretty far before you get to repsond with some harsh words and a good laugh :yes:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I don't remember which site, but there's a site (like this one) where there are nothing but stories like this one. Where people post their various encounters. One guy was able to string the guy along for 3 months and it was still going. He would just reply back that he has sent the item, or it got lost in the mail, or he needed pictures of the person doing various things. He posted his email conversations with the guy online along with pics. It was hilarious!
Remember I AM ID 10 T?:dielaugh:

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
883 Posts
I'm reselling a wii online, i've gotten so many e-mails like this...

Hello,
Am interested in the item you advertised because i like the
condition you stated about it and I would like to make an outright
purchase immediately so i would want you withdraw the advert from the
web.
Regarding the payment term,I can only for now pay you with a
certified check in U.S dollars so pls let me have the following
informations so that the payment can be made to you :
.Your full name to be on the check.
2.Your postal address.
3.Your postal code
4.Your mobile phone number (For easier comunications).
Kindly get me the above requested information as soon as
possible.Concerning the shippment,it is my regular shipper that will
come for the pick up as soon as you recieve your money in hands.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards

Just a reminder to people...don't accept money orders or certified checks from people when selling online. Especially, when they are out of state...and have such poor spelling/grammar.
You severely underestimate the stupidity of Americans when it comes to scams.

That being said...I played a Wii for the first time the other night...Wii bowling. That is ADDICTIVE! :woot:

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
My favorite is the sting of "Joe Eboh" where they convinced him he had to join the Church of the Red-Painted Breast and send a picture so the "victim" would trust the scammer.
It took me an hour to read all the pages. How friggen funny!!!:dielaugh:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
18 Posts
i get them all the time

i sell alot of stuff on craigslist and i get more of these type of emails than legit ones. the best one i got was when i had two cars for sale on there. i get an email wanting me to go to a site and enter all the options on the car so they could give the book value so they could get a loan. i was about to go to the site and check it out when i got the same exact story from another email address saying the same thing. both had the same guy, a 19 year old name brandon looking to buy his first car. the thing that made it obvious was that in the beginning of the email it was for loan purposes and by the end it was so they could make a full payment by "cheque" and wanted to make sure the car was worth it.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
I get these "offers" all the time. Most of these scams (especially the UK lotteries or transferring massive amounts of money out of thrid-world countries) originate out of Nigeria. I've always wondered who actually replied to these scams and couldn't understand how they could possibly be so naive. As it turns out, one of my employees (Nick, a Philipino National) here in United Arab Emirates was corresponding with someone who wanted Nick to find multiple businesses in the Philipines to invest "millions of US Dollars, of which he would recive a "substantial" commission. Of course, Nick has absolutely no business experience or contacts. I discovered this because Nick saved a file to a shared drive on the project's shared server. I sat him aside and explained that this was a scam to steal his money (of which he has none and is actually in financial straights). Nick told me he was persueing the opportunity because he thought he could pay all of his debts and better support his family. Now I know who falls for these scams. It's the poorly educated, desparate people in our society who can least afford it.:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts