Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any Trailblazer factory stereos play MP3s or have an input for an MP3 player? I have an 02 and would like to upgrade the stereo to one that can play MP3s, but I like the factory look.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I know the '06 does not (at least mine with the 6 CD and BOSE does not), but I think an MP3 option was available in 2007.

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
358 Posts
does anyone know if those 07 decks will work with the older TBs? non bose.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,355 Posts
My 07 with the Bose multi disc system plays MP3's. Love loading a CD and jammin to The Clarks and No Bad JuJu. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wish my 2006 LT's Bose multi-disc did MP3's. Does yours have the MP3 logo or any other indications on it?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,812 Posts
My 07 with the Bose multi disc system plays MP3's. Love loading a CD and jammin to The Clarks and No Bad JuJu. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
If it does, you have a unique radio. How many songs can you fit on each CD? If you're at 128k, you should be able to get over 100 on each. Are you sure you're not just taking MP3's and transferring them over to CDA?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
41 Posts
our cd player was acting up so we called the local scrap yard and they a radio from an '06 colarado and it plays mp3's u should b able to fit at least 100 songs on one mp3 disk. and it dose have a logo stating it has mp3 capability. works great and looks just like the stock 05 deck :woot:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
our cd player was acting up so we called the local scrap yard and they a radio from an '06 colarado and it plays mp3's u should b able to fit at least 100 songs on one mp3 disk. and it dose have a logo stating it has mp3 capability. works great and looks just like the stock 05 deck :woot:
Do you have the BOSE system in your TB? Is the sound quality the same (for what it is)?

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
41 Posts
no we have the none bose system. cd quailty is bout the same and i think the radio may b a little bit better cuz it also has xm raido and the old one did not. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,355 Posts
I know we're talking about mp3 players and all, but I have a spare six-disc changer head unit that didn't work in my 2002 LS. It apparently only works in 2003 and up after they changed something with the databus system or whatever. Trips to four dealers to try and unlock the Theftlock confirmed this. In override mode worked like a charm. So if you're swapping head units, make sure it'll work. I'll re-post the head unit in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

I've the Bose in the new 2006 LT and it sounds okay. Nothing to be all crazy about, if it didn't come with the truck I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
my 07 tb ls 1/2 lt came with the factory mp3/xm deck not bose audio though.
on another note, in dealing with stock gm decks the VIN is encoded into the deck so it will only work in the vehicle it came in originally, unless you have a hold of the software for working with the computers in these vehicles to alter the preprogrammed vin or security code in the deck to match the vehicle, then it may work

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have the Bose system in my LS but not sure if i can plug an MPS player or Ipod into the back...???...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
2005 navigation flatcreen radio issue with mp3's

I HAVE AN 05 TRAILBLAZER AND CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAY MP3 EITHER. I have dvd and all that so I was thinking maybe I can put mp3 on dvd and play it but I don't think so nor do I see any other way to do it. How could they make a truck with a million cool features and even have XM Radio but no mp3?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts