Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grouphug:Ok, so with my recent adventure @ the dealership, I became quite social with the master tech there with over 40 yrs Gm experience,,,,,

So I was picking his brain and one of the things that came up was a transfer case conroller/switch.....

It is def doable, but how easy.....
I'd much rather be able to control my awd to 4wd/rwd

What transfer cases do the trailvoys use?...Mine has an np4
?????:m2::m2:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The difference isn't just in the transfer case and switch. The control module needs to know from the VIN that it's AWD or 4WD, so there would probably be some tech tool hacking involved as well.

AND the bigger issue is that the AWD vehicles are also missing the front axle disconnect actuator and a bunch of internal parts. Not cheap to add, and to very little benefit.

Remember, the AWD vehicles are RWD until wheel slippage is detected. Then the TC sends some torque forward until the slippage goes away.

The only real benefit I can see out of the NVG 226 is having a 4LO range (2.7-to-1 reduction ratio).

You want to drop in a Silverado engine, TC and front differential in one thread. You ask about turbos, Tahoe hubs, and custom brakes in others. Then 3rd row seating. Now this.

Would it have been that hard to just decide what you wanted to buy before you got the Bravada? :rolleyes: And any chance you could spend a minute to fill out your profile to remind folks what you're driving? Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn Roadie, cant a guy have aspirations :suicide:?
I thought the whole point of a forum was theories and discussions etc.
I'm sorry but I have enough connections and enough money to throw at this thing to make it "Stand out"...One of the best assets would most definetly be this site and its members....Not to mention My man "The Roadie" with his wealth of knowledge and sometimes snappy comments :tiphat..lol

I'm sorry but since I've owned a fleet of vehicles, and all of which have been modified to a extent....I've become ac"custom"ed to my tastes///

I've asked about turbos,air suspension, hub swaps,and motor swap because I am of the opinion that i can modify any vehicle to my tastse where the factory left off...

I have an 04 olds bravada you know the "pioneer gmt-360"....

I like the awd system, but would much rather be able to have more control over it....

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Damn Roadie, cant a guy have aspirations :suicide:?
I thought the whole point of a forum was theories and discussions etc.
I'm sorry but I have enough connections and enough money to throw at this thing to make it "Stand out"...
Understood. Just so you know where I'm coming from, we have had a few newbs come into the offroad forum, asking all sorts of advice about lift kits, tires, gears, custom bumpers, rock sliders, spacers, etc., etc. The kind of project you could spend upwards of $4000-6000 on.

After a few of us got sucked into summarizing threads we've hashed over for a couple of years, investing hours helping them plan, we finally asked the newbs what their project budget and timeframe was.

A couple of them said the vehicles actually belonged to their parents, the posters were only like 16 and 18, and THEY HAD BEEN DENIED PERMISSION TO ADD LIFT KITS!

I'm guilty of profiling you as that kind of dreaming newb partially because a lot of them fail to fill out their profile, as almost everybody else does by their tenth post. Sorry. Sorry.

Carry on, and be a pathfinder for the rest of us! :grouphug:

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
41 Posts
Similar thoughts

This seems like the most relevant thread to confess that I've had similar thoughts:

NVG126 --> NVG226, giving me quasi-4LOW/more control
3rd row seating
Left-to-right leveling w/ factory air springs in addition to front-to-rear

Hid-hq - did you successfully pursue the TC swap? (I did several searches for NVG and 126/226 before posting.)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes actually I swapped the tranny tcase front and rear diffs, tccm,d shafts , custom axles......Yup my olds is a beast.....And I did a custom brake swap....air ride retrofit.....Hmmmm what else sorry this can take a while.....
ummm well yeah im knee deep in grease....ttyl.....:tiphat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts