Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. Having an issue with the trans in the SS.. When accelerating hard it would slip between gears.. Took it in to have it looked at and they said it was due to fluid loss from "aggressive driving"?? Apparently they saw signs of fluid coming from the breather?? This sounded like a load of BS but ok. So my wife has been driving for the past 8 months or so being very careful not to enjoy it too much and "race" it. Well its beginning to slip again and again the fluid is low. Is this common with these things? There is never a spot on the ground and I don't see evidence of it anywhere under the truck. You guys have any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
2007 chevy
31 Posts
it could be leaking into the rad thru the tranny cooler... CK the coolant level to see if its over filled or milky looking. if u find one of the two it needs a radiator.

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
Hey guys.. Having an issue with the trans in the SS.. When accelerating hard it would slip between gears.. Took it in to have it looked at and they said it was due to fluid loss from "aggressive driving"?? Apparently they saw signs of fluid coming from the breather?? This sounded like a load of BS but ok. So my wife has been driving for the past 8 months or so being very careful not to enjoy it too much and "race" it. Well its beginning to slip again and again the fluid is low. Is this common with these things? There is never a spot on the ground and I don't see evidence of it anywhere under the truck. You guys have any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig
Sounds like a case of "we don't know what it is, but it must be your fault"!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:iagree: And if you tell them, your wife drives it slowly, they will say it's her fault for babying it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
25 Posts
Mine's slowly disappearing too. Transmission friend of mine said it will leak into the transfer case. Bad bad bad. He said check the transfer case fluid level. If it's overfull...that's where it's going. Fix it ASAP!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Mine's slowly disappearing too. Transmission friend of mine said it will leak into the transfer case. Bad bad bad. He said check the transfer case fluid level. If it's overfull...that's where it's going. Fix it ASAP!
Could this be the reason some people have reported t-cases way over filled?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts