Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS!!!!!! :raspberry It's been a while I know but school is a royal bitch this term.

Anyways my question for the day is this: How do I disable the Retained Accessory Power function?

My situation: I need to do this because any time I remotely kill my car, the RAP function does not turn off after 20 minutes like it should and I end up with a dead battery in 12 hours. I don't run the accessories with the car in acc anyways because it eats up battery like no tomorrow, so I definitely do not need them powered when I'm NOT in the vehicle.

My idea is this: Remove RAP relay in position #22 in the accessory fuse block.

My dilemma: Will removing this relay cause issues besides the one I'm trying to create?

Thanks in advance guys! :grouphug:
Keith

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The relay won't do enough. It ONLY switches the RAP for the sunroof and EXT rear vent windows.

The other things like power windows and entertainment system are disabled at the end of the RAP timeout by a class 2 data message from the BCM. You would have to add a relay to the radio constant power feed to remove its power altogether when the ignition's off.

I think your remote kill system is poorly integrated if it doesn't play well with the BCM. Why is it different from other ones around here?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The starter simply simulates a key in the ign by shorting the right wires at the right times, I'm pretty sure it isn't data wired. I haven't been able to figure it out yet....

All I know is remote stopping my car without opening a door will leave me a dead battery. I can easily live with this, it's just something on my todo list.

The alarm/remote is a Viper 791xv and this is my only complaint about the whole thing.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
Using the interface module INT-SL from Fortin will solve your problems. This will go between your remote starter and the TB. It controls door locks, Passlock system, heated seats, RAP, etc.

Did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not install the system myself but I did end up relocating all to electrical components. I know there is a module similar to this installed in the system to bypass the passlock but i dont know if it has RAP functionality. Maybe the alarm system has an programmable option on it to control this....

digging digging...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
Yeah, my question as well (and welcome back also). I assume your turning it off with the remote starter, but why would you need to do this?
:thx I was wondering the same thing. I can understand the remote start in cold country, but remote "kill" (isn't there a better term?)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't typically do it, but say if I turn the car on then get distracted so I leave it running, it will turn itself off automatically. Or maybe I realize I can't leave just yet so I turn it off. I usually start it up to 5 minutes before I leave the house or dorm so the computer starts up and the engine isn't freezing. It only happens a few times a month but it is extremely annoying when it does because the car alarm goes off real quietly when the battery drains and full blast for a good few minutes when I get it jumped.

On that note: I am a very strong supporter of portable jump starters. I own a DieHard Portable Power 950 from Sears. It was on sale for 60 dollars and works perfectly. (end shameless plug)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slightly more confused....

So I went out and was playing with the alarm making sure it was all connected and started playing with the ignition.

When the car is in run everything works and when it turns off, RAP only keeps the head unit going because the amp is remotely switched by an run-ign circuit. The HU will stay on until a door is opened or supposedly 20 minutes after RAP is engaged. Since I havent had an hour to sit outside I dont really know how this works yet. I did find that when the remote start is cancelled, RAP is engaged. When I press the lock button, the head unit goes off. canceling remote start with the doors unlocked will lock the doors 30 seconds after the car turns off. If the doors are locked, they wont lock again. So maybe I just need to hit the lock button afterwards...

I really wish I had time to work on my car again.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts