Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Trailblazer that I want to import into Canada. Canada requires that the daytime running lights always stay on with no way to disable them. I called the local Chevy dealer to see if they could do it, and they didn’t know if they could modify the car for that or not, but said it would start at $154. I’m hoping there is a way to do this myself. All I need is to do something so that the lights stay on, even if I turn the headlight switch to the off position.

Anyone know how I might be able to do that?

·
Registered
2005 Trailblazer LS & 2007 Envoy SLE
24 Posts
I have a 2006 Trailblazer that I want to import into Canada. Canada requires that the daytime running lights always stay on with no way to disable them. I called the local Chevy dealer to see if they could do it, and they didn’t know if they could modify the car for that or not, but said it would start at $154. I’m hoping there is a way to do this myself. All I need is to do something so that the lights stay on, even if I turn the headlight switch to the off position.

Perhaps the Canadian imports came from the factory with a different headlight dial that eliminated the optional Off setting? If so, maybe it is as simple as swapping the switch / dial on the dash.

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps the Canadian imports came from the factory with a different headlight dial that eliminated the optional Off setting? If so, maybe it is as simple as swapping the switch / dial on the dash.
The best I can tell from reading posts about other GM vehicles is that the DRLs are controlled by the BCM and the switch is the same one. However, I was thinking maybe I could do something with the switch to disable it. Maybe something like opening it up and putting something inside to prevent it from turning left, or removing the wire that sends the off signal to the BCM.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,224 Posts
The best I can tell from reading posts about other GM vehicles is that the DRLs are controlled by the BCM and the switch is the same one. However, I was thinking maybe I could do something with the switch to disable it. Maybe something like opening it up and putting something inside to prevent it from turning left, or removing the wire that sends the off signal to the BCM.
The switch defeats the DRL by grounding one single wire that runs back to the BCM. Disconnect that one wire at either end and the defeat switch cannot work. Now does that mean the system itself cannot turn off the DRLs due to some other condition like a reading from the light sensor(s)?? Beats me.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts

My 2004 Trailblazer EXT has the DRL forced on all the time. Even if you can use the switch to turn ALL lights off, when you start to drive, they come back on...
I would try the ignorance is bliss method and maybe black out or cut off the section of the dash by the switch where the O with a / through it is, so it is not tempting...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts