Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the boards here...looks like a great place.

Did a search and could not find a solid answer. So I thought I would post cuz somebody surely has already done this..

I am installing an aftermarket stereo in a 2002 Trailblazer LS. I did not buy the 99.00 harness for a few reason. No on-star, no bose, don't care about all the bells and crap.

So I decided to hardwire.

Downloaded the wiring diagram here for the 02 Trailblazer.

I see that the post-iginition 12v is not listed. I have the entire harness wired but no 12v ignition so, I can display the clock, blah blah but can't turn the unit on. I want the unit to basically turn off when I off the ignition. There are a few wires left and a secondary small din plug (I assume for the bells and whistles)

Wires left over on the vehicle:

ORANGE (Heavy gauge wire) <used this for constant 12v and its working
ORANGE (Light guage wire) not connected
BLACK

Then the small din bwn/white, blk/white, shield These are feeds from the warning system as far as I can tell.

Just need an ignition 12V now... any suggestions? Or do I have run to the fuse box? Thanks in advance!!!:thx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You can go straight to the ignition switch if you're feeling lucky. Or use the ignition feed as a relay control on the constant 12V orange wire. Brown on the ignition switch is hot during RUN and ACCY.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Just by the Harness... You are asking for trouble hacking up your factory Harness.. I would just spend the $40.00 - $60.00 for the GMRC-01.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, already hacked...and happy. Wouldn't you know it, I found a thread right below mine that suggests going to the rear fuse box and using a tap. I'm going to go that route since I have plenty of other mods instore for this beast. I would have figured it out on my own but thought while I was at work I would ask and see what the forums got.

I am not much for plug and play solutions. I like to know I got in there and did the solder work and know the connections are good and not leaving myself open for crappy connectors and such.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Lol, already hacked...and happy. Wouldn't you know it, I found a thread right below mine that suggests going to the rear fuse box and using a tap. I'm going to go that route since I have plenty of other mods instore for this beast. I would have figured it out on my own but thought while I was at work I would ask and see what the forums got.

I am not much for plug and play solutions. I like to know I got in there and did the solder work and know the connections are good and not leaving myself open for crappy connectors and such.

Thanks guys.
Good to here ya got it.. Sometimes I worry cause I don't know the experience level on the other end.. Sounds like you have been to the show before... LOL

I prefer harnesses cause you can swap right back to stock quickly and makes troubleshooting a bit easier..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.