Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking for an inclinometer for a year or so, and not finding an electronic one, I was about to build one out of the guts of a couple of digital levels.

Then I found out those levels cost over $100 each.

The vehicle inclinometers available in the US had two fatal flaws. Most of them had little JEEP pictures in the middle, not generic vehicles. Like this was ever going to be allowed on MY dashboard: :no:

Rare ones made for Land Rovers and so forth also had identifiable silhouettes. The other problem was they were all floating levels, very low-tech. Not up to Roadie dashboard standards. :crazy:

So I looked once again online, and found what I wanted in the UK, at a retailer called Speeding Co. UK.

So here's a picture of the unit. Teebes, being as crazy for offroad mods as I am, bought into a mini-group buy so we got a few pounds off. But I didn't announce it here because there was no more discounting available from this retailer. And there seems to be no US distribution on this extremely custom item anyway. Too bad. And I guessed not too many other folks would sign up for it, being about $175 and all that rot. :eek:

But it has great cool value, and extremely digital to boot. Self-contained, 2 AAA batteries, backlight, thermometer, clock, and re-calibration control when you're sitting still.

More pics after installation.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
371 Posts
Hmm... Toys :drool

At first I was hoping to mount it up higher on the windshield, just below the visor. Unfortunately I couldn't seem to get it calibrated (apparently nothing beyond 10deg pitch it wont set ??)

Mounted lower on the windshield, for the moment:

Backlight - bad quality tho.

Anyway... Let the competition begin for the highest pitch or roll recorded :) Pictures necessary and rolling/flipping the vehicle negates any prize :D

·
Registered
2006 chevy
547 Posts
Cool gadget!!! The more gadgets the better I say. I would have never have thought of doing that mod.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyway... Let the competition begin for the highest pitch or roll recorded :) Pictures necessary and rolling/flipping the vehicle negates any prize :D
Zut alors! Do you have any frackin' idea how many trails I now have to rerun because of your insane challenge to get this felgercarb meter into position to take a pic? :hissy:

Oh, I guess you do, you evil genius. Then we'll need an impartial trailvoy.com certified observer riding shotgun with each of us to make sure we don't cheat and miscalibrate the zero position. And if we're running a hill together, we have to take more challenging lines to max out the meter, eh? Somebody with a wider stance is starting with a built-in handicap. :raspberry Next time - Diablo Dropoff, and you go first. No, make that Heart Attack Hill, just east of the Pinyon Squeeze.

Ah, last group buy I let you in on. :D I should have just gotten one of 'em and made you sweat it out searching to find its twin. Now that would have been pure evil.

I ask ya, trailvoyagers (Ummmm, did I just coin this word?) - did Robin ever tease Batman like this? Did Speedy ever taunt Green Arrow? Did Bucky annoy the pants off of Captain America? :nono:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts