1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Difficulty removing clutch fan
07 saab 97x 5.3i
Can’t hold water pump from turning this water pump is smooth on front there aren’t 4 bolts on the water pump pulley. there aren't any holes in the pulley either.

Here is the tools I got from advance auto noone there knew how to use these tools.
The big wrench isn’t an exact fit on the clutch fan nut there’s a possiabilty of rounding it off if it’s on real tight.
Please need advice to lock down waterpump pulley.thanks
clucth fan removal tool.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Difficulty removing clutch fan
07 saab 97x 5.3i
Can’t hold water pump from turning this water pump is smooth on front there aren’t 4 bolts on the water pump pulley. there aren't any holes in the pulley either.

Here is the tools I got from advance auto noone there knew how to use these tools.
The big wrench isn’t an exact fit on the clutch fan nut there’s a possiabilty of rounding it off if it’s on real tight.
Please need advice to lock down waterpump pulley.thanks View attachment 56728
After you remove the tensioner, take a small pipe wrench and lock it on pully. Nut turns the right way, B.T.W! Then just turn it off. Whole thing comes out toghther, shroud and all. Just unplug it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
After you remove the tensioner, take a small pipe wrench and lock it on pully. Nut turns the right way, B.T.W! Then just turn it off. Whole thing comes out toghther, shroud and all. Just unplug it.
Cut the spot where the uperhose gets in the way, I just notched it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts