Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Short answer: Yes. If it is the stock 8" rear differential, and the 4.10 gear set is 8".

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
912 Posts
You can put the 8.6" EXT differential in and it is recommended because it is stronger than the 8" ring gear made for the SWB trailblazers. It will bolt right in and roadie has an entire thread on his conversion. Also 4.10 gears are rare so jump on it!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
does a GT5 differential fit in a regular 03 trailblazer ls
Are you talking about swapping the gears you have now and putting a 4.10 (GT5) gear set in? Or replacing the entire rear diff that you have, with a different diff that has the 4.10 gears? :confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was thinking of replacing the whole thing, if i could find it. and if its possible

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can put the 8.6" EXT differential in and it is recommended because it is stronger than the 8" ring gear made for the SWB trailblazers. It will bolt right in and roadie has an entire thread on his conversion. Also 4.10 gears are rare so jump on it!
so the ext diff will fit perfect??

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
so the ext diff will fit perfect??
as long as its the same gear ratio so it dont screw things up, Yes

certaian newer years have speed sensors at each rear wheel in the axle. I you dont have them, any year will fit. If you do then you need one of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys sorry if this question has already been asked but I have a 2005 TBZ LS and I’ve been thinking about doing a differential rear and front swap. I have a gu6-3.42 can I change it to a 4.10 directly? Do I have to do more then just swap out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts