Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, lookin for a few pointers on gettin the diff yoke back in nice and snug. I took a hammer and pounded it out about 3/4" or so to get to the tent leftovers from a freeway incident in a different posting. Now I tried pounding it back in and it doesn't seem to want to go all the way back in, plus I'm leaking oil, so I know it's not fully seated. :duh: Tips, tricks, well wishes?? Much obliged.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys (I think). I was told by another source (not on this board) that I wouldn't have to deal with those. I never even considered playing the insurance card, though. Usually take care of the majority of mechanical stuff myself. Guess we'll see what Auto Zone has in stock.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decided to bite the bullet and take her into a gear shop that was recommended to me. I'm not a rear-end kinda guy (in any way), and I figure this could be a costly "repair" if I proceed any further. Is there anything else I should be taking care of down there while I've got it in the shop? I've got almost 160K miles on her and haven't even replaced the gear oil :nono: (until now) I'm usually on top of stuff like that. Thanks again for the help guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.