Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I would really like to add a new exhaust system to my 'Voy to get more of that V8 rumble out of it but since I'm getting ready to move and that is currently dominating my budget. I was curious, will upgrading/changing the muffler change the sound much? I'd like to know if it would be worth it to do this mod for the meantime. If not, I'll just wait a few months and do a full system with dual outlets and polished tips. Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Your best bet is to hop on youtube and look up some 5.3 TB exhaust vids. Many will do before and after recordings so you can hear stock vs whatever aftermarket setup they got. :thumbsup:

**can't remember if the exhaust vids posted on here have many V8's posted**

·
Banned
2009 saab
138 Posts
Deleting the resonator can be done for cheap and makes a difference with the sound. Also, improves the look of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you gotten any where with the sound yet
Im looking to get that v8 sound on my TB LS but dont know where to start looking on eBay and don't know which to order stuck between cheery bomb or flow master

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
Since there have been 3,138 people view this thread with you being the first to respond and the OP Last Activity: 10-14-2013 10:51 PM, the answer has to be --- maybe.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle_xl
22 Posts
Exhaust

Have you gotten any where with the sound yet
Im looking to get that v8 sound on my TB LS but dont know where to start looking on eBay and don't know which to order stuck between cheery bomb or flow master
There is a guy on youtube that tested both of those units on his TrailVoy and posted the results. He liked the sound of the Cherry Bomb better than the Flow Master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rfGrhYcrHI&list=PL_TAty2m5fagINrmwzZKWM4U-AFBQYapB&index=2&t=0s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts