Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a nice day today and I felt the need to work on my tb. Started off by getting it washed and back home in the garage. Next the resonator was cut off and the side moldings removed. I was really worried that the color difference was going to be huge but it wasn't bad. Then I clayed the truck, broke out my new orbital i got from Christmas and started with Meguiars stage 1 paint cleaner and went straight to hand laying Meguiars NXT 2.0. Tomorrow the rims go back on and I will get some pics up so I dont get called out on BS....lol till tomorrow afternoon....lol

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
how well did the clay bar work???? Ive been thinking bout doin it to my voy BUT ive heard horror stories about doin it.....If it worked good for ya, any tips???

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
483 Posts
how well did the clay bar work???? Ive been thinking bout doin it to my voy BUT ive heard horror stories about doin it.....If it worked good for ya, any tips???
Ive detailed cars for years, used clay ALOT! any horror stories you heard were probably because the people werent using it right. or it was on a black vehicle. just make sure u keep the surface wet. You can use water if your vehicle doesnt need a good clay job. If you really need to get at it use a quick shine/body shine. If you can find a place to buy it try to use everything ARDEX for detailing you vehicle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i have plans on possibly doing something different on the exhaust, i just hated the look of that can on the back so...of she went....no tip yet, but i will probably be ordering a muffler and some tips and have it done before the meet in indy. as far as the clay bar goes, i have been claying all of my cars since i was like 16. no issues what so ever as long as you dont use crap product. i clay my cars about once a year and wax about every other month at least. still waiting to throw the rims on today and get some pics up

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
I have a black TB and clay it every spring. Just maks sure to follow th einstructions. I wash mine again after calying then start the polishing process. You can proabley get horror stories with anything you do. I highly recomend it theres nothin to it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wait is over

sorry it has taken a day longer then i promised to get the new pics up but i have them and i am happy with how it turned out. i was really worried when i pealed off those molding but, but for a truck with almost 100k on her and i wasn't the original owner so the paint was as taken care off as i do, but some good old elbow grease and some good product on the truck and you can barely tell. just to warn ya im totally whoring my truck right now so don't be mad....lol
Last Spring

Spring 09'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts