Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I started the search for a used vehicle and I had my heart set on a Trailblazer or Envoy. I found a 2003 Trailblazer that seemed to drive good with low miles, me being a woman knows some things to look for, however I think I fell for a story. The serpentine belt had been chewed up on the backside, the guy told me he made a mistake and put the belt on wrong and instead of replacing the belt he just put the old on right way. They deducted money off of the price of the vehicle for me to have a new belt put on. Same day I took to shop, new belt put on, 10 miles later, guess what, needed a new belt and a tension pully, 10 miles later no power steering and all power steering fluid leaked in my driveway. New power steering pump put on, still has whining sound and Service Engine Soon light on 2 miles from shop. I am so frustrated and feel that something seriously major is wrong and I just got someone's fix daily vehicle. I think I am also having issues with the electrical in the tailgate. Feeling really stupid of course.:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
non_gmt360 trailblazer_lt_ext
241 Posts
Hey Kellie, sorry to hear about ur troubles... This site has died long ago, and is mainly used as an archive of info. But don't worry, hit up the guys over at g m t n a t i o n . c o m ( no spaces) the guts over there built the wealth of knowledge here and can help you trouble shoot And fix up your TB.. Hope to see you over there! :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Hey Kellie, sorry to hear about ur troubles... This site has died long ago, and is mainly used as an archive of info. But don't worry, hit up the guys over at g m t n a t i o n . c o m ( no spaces) the guts over there built the wealth of knowledge here and can help you trouble shoot And fix up your TB.. Hope to see you over there! :)
Yep, go there for the following technical topics found in the "New Content" tab...

1)Guess the next poster
2)Official post whore thread
3)What did you park beside? (or parked beside you!)
4)What are you doing today?
5)Change One Letter Game
6)The Song Game - Title n Artist
7)GMT Nation Scavenger Hunt!
8)What's your weather like ?
9)Would You Rather Game
10)Word Association Game
:crackup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Those are all off topic threads that you have mentioned.. I don't know about you.. But I like to be able to talk with people who have a common interest in the vehicles we drive, if there wasn't off topic threads the forum would be stagnant and boring.. As one member put it.. The other site is like a clubhouse. A place for friends to hang out and just bs.. Maybe you should check out the nonsense threads and topics post if you don't understand.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maybe you should check out the nonsense threads and topics post if you don't understand.
Fortunately, this isn't my 1st automotive forum, so I understand completely...Thank you for your concern...As a routine, I log in to this forum and usually see all the posts directing members to the other forum you mentioned because of all the superior tech info...I find it comical that when I log in to that forum the majority of posts/threads are off topic/BS instead of superior tech...That being said, I've been able to get good tech at both places...Sorry if I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intention...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
41 Posts
ok, I have to ask...
I am new to this forum and reading this thread has me scratching my head...
Is this forum off line for real?
I see it doesn't have a lot of new content daily, but I have reviewed a lot of the historical post's, (since I'm new here and just picked up my TB last night!):thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
You're right, there's not a ton of new info, but enough to learn about your truck...I'm relatively new also, but I log in once or twice a day to see what's being discussed and see if there's anything to be learned or help someone with...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Fortunately, this isn't my 1st automotive forum, so I understand completely...Thank you for your concern...As a routine, I log in to this forum and usually see all the posts directing members to the other forum you mentioned because of all the superior tech info...I find it comical that when I log in to that forum the majority of posts/threads are off topic/BS instead of superior tech...That being said, I've been able to get good tech at both places...Sorry if I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intention...
You didn't hurt my feelings at all.. I'm just trying to steer people to a place where they can actually be helped.. Wen I got my TB last Oct, I came here bc Google pointed me here, I asked some questions that I had about my truck, and weeks went by without a reply.. Finally someone steered me to the other site that I keep mentioning, and within hours I had 10-20 answers and was able to fix my issue that day.

So don't think I'm bashing this site, bc I'm not, since I have been a member at the other site I have found out what happened to this once flourishing forum and how the guys from here broke apart from this site to make the other site. Like I have said in my previous posts.. This site is great for all the archived material, but for answers to new problems, or to just chat and hang out the other site is where to be.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
The issue with this forum isn't a lack of good info. There is tons of great info here, its just that the people who wrote it all got frustrated with the direction the new owners of the site were headed and created the other site. You used to be able to get great answers here, but if you ask a new question now, most likely the guys that can answer it are over there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts