Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
International Chapter
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,900 Posts
Dude, your DA MAAAAAAAAAAAN !! :eek::eek::yes::thumbsup:
you think it would work on a 04 ? :undecided i do that until the part with the steering wheel headache :crazy: i'll keep the 4 out side buttons hidden and thats it :D

dude these wires [email protected]#34 :bonk::crazy::eek::hahano:

congrats bud, thats one hell a mod :yes::thumbsup::woot:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i belive it will work on an 04 as well i can check with my local gm guy for you next week

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
133 Posts
where can i buy

hey brother how much did u pay for each... becouse my 06 is getting converted.. i'm buying the clock spring off ebay but it's hard to find a gauge cluster with low miles yet alone with D.I.C. controls ... any help and i would really be thank full brother............. please ...

and i'll ask before everyone else chimes in how about a write up those wires look confussing........
thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
WOW!!!!!

:hail::hail::hail: RESPECT :hail::hail::hail:

This is great news!!!

Please let me know if I understood it correctly. The only thing you have to do is add a DIC cluster. Add the wires to the DIC connector. Connect the wires trough a DIC clockspring to the corresponding steeringwheel button. And from the steeringwheel button back trough the clockspring to GROUND.

Does this mean that the basic version of the trailblazer LS and envoy do "contain" the DIC information and pass this information to the cluster. You only need to add controls and ground to activate it?

Sorry for all the questions but I have an 02 Trailblazer LS and would like to know if it will work for me. And I think I am not the only LS owner who would like to know this.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
375 Posts
hey brother how much did u pay for each... becouse my 06 is getting converted.. i'm buying the clock spring off ebay but it's hard to find a gauge cluster with low miles yet alone with D.I.C. controls ... any help and i would really be thank full brother............. please ...

and i'll ask before everyone else chimes in how about a write up those wires look confussing........
thank you
Im just taking a stab at this, but doesnt a new cluster still display the miles that YOUR TB has on it? I was thinking that your computer is what controls what is displayed on the cluster.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for all of you i will be submitting an article on how to i just need some time to write it up

Jason

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
for all of you i will be submitting an article on how to i just need some time to write it up

Jason
Thank you in advance for doing that.

When you are ready to submit the content, please contact Aukland and he will tell you where to send everything. Aukland and I will work on it and get it posted as soon as we can.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Nice job!:thumbsup:

You should have gotten the tbss leather sterring wheel since it feels more luxery! :bonk:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
133 Posts
maybe

Im just taking a stab at this, but doesnt a new cluster still display the miles that YOUR TB has on it? I was thinking that your computer is what controls what is displayed on the cluster.
when you go on ebay the state that miles come on the cluster...:hijacked

·
Registered
2008 chevy
35 Posts

Jason
Please include part #'s if you can.:) I've been fighting with my dealer parts guy, he says it can't be done without spending more money than it's worth.:hopeless I know it can be done, I just need the right parts.:thx

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
Please include part #'s if you can.:) I've been fighting with my dealer parts guy, he says it can't be done without spending more money than it's worth.:hopeless I know it can be done, I just need the right parts.:thx
from his other thread he stated that there are 6 diff clocksprings. It depends on what stuff you have.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
201 Posts
I’m just curious as to how much more work there is in order to get the radio controls to work? (IF any)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm not sure about the radio controls i have an aftermarket head unit installed

:woot::woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
43 Posts
Dic and Steering control

Hello Everyone..
I had been member since probably 2 years.. I haven't put posted for long time.. anyway.. I've been alot of struggle to find information how to install, and instruction how to do it :hissy: but I didn't realize that Trailvoy.com have more information! I'm so glad that i found it right information! :duh: I have a steering control with me. I just wonder If guys can explain or instruction me how to install and how to do it.. I also would like to have more information Parts number what I need.. I have a only steering wheel.. Where did you get that dic and coilspring or clockspring? if you can tell me what is exactly parts need and parts number? My 2006 Trailblazer non-dic and non-steering wheel control but i have onstar with TTY Please let me know If you guys could help me and i really appreciate with your time.. :thx Thanks Jared

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to know who has been successfull in doing this mod. Did you buy a new cluster or a used one? If you bought a used one was it the same year as the car you are trying to upgrade?

I am asking these questions because I have been trying to do the dic upgrade on my 2002 Trailblazer LS. I have bought a used DIC cluster from a 2003 trailblazer. I hooked it up and had no succes. It does work normal. But it doesn't show any messages. It does show DRIVER 1 when I turn the key to onn. But that's it.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts