Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got two in yesterday...both needed some work, but it looks like this should be the final take as I spent half the night and half of today cleaning them up. Had to hit them with paint to clean up the rework, but they look decent enough for me to endorse and sell them. So they will go back and be remolded then we're off. Hopefully I'll have time this week to install it and have it to show off at this weekends NorthEast TBSS Nats!

Tonight..spending time with the honey and doing a bit of studying...so tomorrow we'll tackle it

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 chevy
36 Posts
Any Idea on what you plan to charge for the DIC Harness Kit?

Also, from your release to production to sale, what timeframe do you think you could start shipping them?

A question off subject: Do you know if your dual exhaust is legal enough to pass emissions in Texas without mufflers?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well it's in...it works...it lights up with the rest of the dash, but a minor mod needs to be made to the bezel face so that it locks in place and doesn't rotate. Also, we planned to offer an intermediate harness for true plug and play but the harness wiring gauge is a bit thick, so we'll have to mod the harness similarly to the DIC DIY system.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Anyhoo...it's installed and works great (3800+ gallons of gas burned and average mileage 14mpg!!!). Buttons lights up and all like the other factory dash pieces...BUT:

A) the harness I was intending to include has wires with a thicker gauges and it slightly slows down gauge readings upon start up. Not sure what long term probs that may bring, so there will be a wiring harness change

B) facia bezel needs some small locking tabs added because it can and will rotate over time...will be addressed with new part next week when supplier returns from a trip.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Pricing finally!!

We have a part that we are happy with, so here is the deal. First, this requires a minimum of 15 orders for this to happen. This is a group buy, not a special. So if the minimum isn't met, the part are not made. Getting up to 25 orders will reduce the price by about 10%.:tiphat

DIC Bezel Only $150
Wiring (+$50.00) $200
Switches (+$75.00) $275

1) TBSSOwners forum
2) TBSSOwners forum
3) gemsheba

·
Registered
2008 chevy
36 Posts
We have a part that we are happy with, so here is the deal. First, this requires a minimum of 15 orders for this to happen. This is a group buy, not a special. So if the minimum isn't met, the part are not made. Getting up to 25 orders will reduce the price by about 10%.:tiphat

DIC Bezel Only $150
Wiring (+$50.00) $200
Switches (+$75.00) $275

1) TBSSOwners forum
2) TBSSOwners forum
3) gemsheba
Sorry, I have been busy and haven't been on the forums. But I'll take a complete with switches. I remember we PM'ed a few months ago.

How many takers do you have now?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately, due to low demand, this product is no longer available. The only way we will put it into production is with a Group Buy of 30 pre-paid orders.:tiphat

·
Registered
2002 chevy
195 Posts
Got two in yesterday...both needed some work, but it looks like this should be the final take as I spent half the night and half of today cleaning them up. Had to hit them with paint to clean up the rework, but they look decent enough for me to endorse and sell them. So they will go back and be remolded then we're off. Hopefully I'll have time this week to install it and have it to show off at this weekends NorthEast TBSS Nats!

Tonight..spending time with the honey and doing a bit of studying...so tomorrow we'll tackle it
I know this is an old thread. But I would really like to pick a kit like this up for my TB. Does anyone know where I could get one?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts