Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

The kit was going to be shelved in light of our focus on our upcoming mandrel exhaust systems and the rising cost of R&D, but a bright light has occurred. :thumbsup:

Here's the deal...the kit is going to retail for $295 if/when it hits in '09 (bezel, buttons, harness, instructions). HOWEVER, cuz one of my suppliers is slow before he picks up his regular first of the year annual contracts, he's willing to pop a few parts out to make this happen for Dec. Can't guarantee in time for x-mas delivery, but we'll see.

So I need 30 people to justify a GP for $220 shipped on this batch. The sooner I hit 30, the sooner we'll get 'em. Any takers? :undecided

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=641308#post641308

·
Premium Member
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
143 Posts
I would love one, but I already have the wiring harness and the DIC set up with the SS plug...hate to pay for things 2x. I would only need the bezel and with factory buttons. Guess I have to wait.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many already have Jetttstream's kit and would be interested in a piggyback kit for bezel, buttons and short wire harness?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, after number crunching with a few supplier, the connector ends on JS harness are the least expensive parts. It's the cost of producing the new bezel, getting the GM switches, and making the harness that plugs and plays that's the killer. Getting your own switches and just providing a piggyback system will still hover around 200 bux WITH 30 people obligated. So it really isn't a savings. Pretty much you'd just have to selling to someone else. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

Ok. Got a few responses for how to hit a lower price. Bezel, retainer, and connectors would be $110. You'll have to cut & crimp the connectors yourself. If you want the GM switches, add $40. Again...30 person minimum commitment is the key.

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
I'm willing to order the entire kit so my SS1 can have the DIC button!!! would it be hard to do myself?
It is not hard at all.

There are a few posts on here of the guys that have already done the DIC upgrade. Jesse's version is high-class for sure!

Personally, I would buy the 'plug and play' kit. Removing the dash cluster and such is very easy.

-Mike

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
DIC Plug & Play Kit

Would someone link to the DIC Plug & Play kit please? I can't find it.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!

The on again off again Driver's Information Center bezel and wiring kit is on again.

A prototype bezel unit is already made. Hopefully shortly after New Years the test wiring harness will be here.

Long story short, after going over this kit with a few guys, we finally decided to create and introduce an all in one kit for the 1SS owners. It will include the following:

-Pair of Factory Trip Info/Display/Select switches

-New "Trailblazer SS" pod replacement bezel with contoured openings for switches.

-Plug & Play wiring harness that does NOT require any wiring cutting or additional parts. No soldering. Wiring will include feature to allow buttons to be backlit as the factory intended. (Plug & Play installation feature for TBSS gauge clusters only)

-Complete Installation Directions were already done:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=113

But there will be some slight differences as we intend to have the buttons light up with your dash lights.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
36 Posts
The on again off again Driver's Information Center bezel and wiring kit is on again.

A prototype bezel unit is already made. Hopefully shortly after New Years the test wiring harness will be here.

Long story short, after going over this kit with a few guys, we finally decided to create and introduce an all in one kit for the 1SS owners. It will include the following:

-Pair of Factory Trip Info/Display/Select switches

-New "Trailblazer SS" pod replacement bezel with contoured openings for switches.

-Plug & Play wiring harness that does NOT require any wiring cutting or additional parts. No soldering. Wiring will include feature to allow buttons to be backlit as the factory intended. (Plug & Play installation feature for TBSS gauge clusters only)

-Complete Installation Directions were already done:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=113

But there will be some slight differences as we intend to have the buttons light up with your dash lights.

I'm ready for one - heck, I'll even be a "test subject";), the kit is very promising. Now I know that your PM to me wasn't just a "tease" :excited:

Please hurry as I will be also looking into a full steering wheel conversion as well to have one or the other.

The suspense is killing me...I hate my 1SS design!!:sadcry:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update

The harness is done, we are awaiting the manufacturer to get a prototype made. They unfortunately got behind due to the snowstorms and delays in previous projects.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update

Hey guys,

Sorry for delays. I sent the part to my guy 2 weeks ago and was told he was backed up. I got the full story today...long story short, it's a family business that the Senior has had to take over due to quality control and service issues. I had a good 45min chat with him this afternoon on some of the issues I've had with their parts and service over the years. He's a car guy and has like 30+ years plastic and adhesive experience. He called me to assure me that he is personally finishing the part I sent him, making the mold, and sending me a few pre-production parts to evaluate in the next couple of weeks.

With that he wants to do more parts with them, so once we get this puppy done we can revisit the other polymer/plastic parts that were shelved...A-pillar pod (was that made yet?), liftgate spoiler, smoothed windshield cowl, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 chevy
36 Posts
I was hoping not too much longer.

I have been working on (got the parts, prices & labor) what the feasibilty would be go the new steering wheel route because I was afraid that this may take to long or get cancelled. Actually was thinking of getting everything ordered this Saturday when I got a work break. I know that the expense is allot more (depending on what you will be charging for this upgrade), but hey, going to do something regardless because I hate the 1SS setup. Also was thinking that it maybe nice to have radio controls, knocking out 2 things that I been wishing for!

As for the a-pillar, not sure.

But I recently purchased a GMC Acadia and really liked the rear spoiler set-up allot. Also, I see allot of SUV's (similar size to a TBSS) that I have started doing research to see what I could convert to fit and look good.
Also, started to take measurements and doodle on what it could look like. Want to build something like the prototype shown in the auto show when the TBSS was rolled out...

Doing some other upgrades over the next several weekends when I get time, brakes, intake, more leds, mirrors and leather seats, probably would have been cheaper to go buy a 3SS by the time I'm done!:rotfl:

QUOTE=ssilveronyxx;921244]Hey guys,

Sorry for delays. I sent the part to my guy 2 weeks ago and was told he was backed up. I got the full story today...long story short, it's a family business that the Senior has had to take over due to quality control and service issues. I had a good 45min chat with him this afternoon on some of the issues I've had with their parts and service over the years. He's a car guy and has like 30+ years plastic and adhesive experience. He called me to assure me that he is personally finishing the part I sent him, making the mold, and sending me a few pre-production parts to evaluate in the next couple of weeks.

With that he wants to do more parts with them, so once we get this puppy done we can revisit the other polymer/plastic parts that were shelved...A-pillar pod (was that made yet?), liftgate spoiler, smoothed windshield cowl, etc.[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts