Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, now to the nitty gritty...

First off, how do you think we should handle "joining a chapter"? We have three choices:

Open- anyone can join at any time
Moderated- anyone can request to join at any time, but the president must approve or disapprove it
Invite Only- the president must invite the members that they want in their chapter.

Personally, I think the moderated approach makes the most sense, because the president will have control, but will not have to go out and chase people to join.

What do you think?

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
I agree on the moderated, only because we can review the individual applying and determine if they will be an active participant...we wouldn't want anyone to join and then just become inactive, I think it would make it a little difficult for presidents/VP's to keep a current list of active contributing members :m2:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Moderated - like you said in the other thread, I don't want members joining just because they live in the area either. On another site I'm on, a couple local guys started an audio team with an open invitation. Now we have 60 members but only 8 who meet regularly.

Also, when the site was upgraded with the new new friends option, I got a lot of friend requests from people I didn't know - I think it was because it was the newest trailvoy fad lol - I don't want the chapters to go through the same thing.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Moderated makes the most sense to me.....keeping track and / or being able to talk to a person at a meet would help determine a person's genuine interest, but by the same token, there has been a good bit of interest (in this chapter / region) about setting up a local meet, and from the posts I've seen there could be some really good people, at least in my backyard.

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, so it sounds like this is pretty well decided. The great part is that even though it is moderated, you can still invite someone, and by you sending the invite, that is your approval, so invitees will not have to be moderated.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
ok, I know we're just starting out and we're still trying to figure all this out, but one of my state reps asked when they will be announced

should each prez handle that jimmy? I guess it would make it easier that way??? are they going to get titles under their name?

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know, I am still chewing on all of that.

It seems excessive to have a President, a Vice President, and a multiple state reps. That is just my opinion, that is not the final word. Don't you think it will be hard to find a state rep in every state that is active and attends meets? Do we already have all of the reps chosen? Seems like it was hard enough to gather the presidents, and that was only 10 members :laugh:

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I don't know, I am still chewing on all of that.

It seems excessive to have a President, a Vice President, and a multiple state reps. That is just my opinion, that is not the final word. Don't you think it will be hard to find a state rep in every state that is active and attends meets? Do we already have all of the reps chosen? Seems like it was hard enough to gather the presidents, and that was only 10 members :laugh:
still working on choosing all my state reps:bonk:

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
well of course some states won't have a rep because of requirements and number of members but the highly active, high member states would because they would handle the meets and activity's of that state. now each prez can run their things as they see fit. like getting a vp to help handle all the things going on in their section from each state, state reps will keep their prez or vp aware of things in their state but if its a non active or 1-2 member state there'd be nothing to keep aware of.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I like the VP idea. Eastern Canada's huge. It would help if I had a VP on the other side of the country :D

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've improved the layout of the Chapter page. It looks more like a user profile page :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good jimmy, and what is this "group pictures" section; will that be a choice when uploading photos to go into differrent chapter galleries? i have a couple pics from our ATL mini meet a couple weeks ago that i could put in there. oh and for some reason it is not letting me upload any photos:undecided
I have to work on that. Those pictures have nothing to do with the actual gallery, it is a separate album that no one has permissions to use. I will enable it for the chapter presidents so that they can upload pics to the Chapter after we establish the rules for the albums.

More on that soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts