Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sid3ways said:
I don't understand why people even do this? 1-2 hp is absolutely nothing when you are pushing 400 hp. Why even run the risk of messing anything up, or having the "worst that can happen" scenario come up? If you had intake, headers, big cam, exhaust and such I'd say it would be worth it. But if you are doing this on your bone stock TBSS there is absolutely no point. You'd notice the gain in accelleration about as much as you sticking your head out the window and blowing backwards. :m2:
THANK YOU... I thought I was the only one here. I didnt want to be a jackass again and offend anyone by calling him out on that one. Somethings I will just never understand...

·
Registered
61 Posts
ludicrist said:
Any one have an idea for my situation [see above].
I dont think the MAF is causing that problem. Your trans is shifting at a higher RPM regardless of what the tach says. In most cases, the tach is just too slow to respond to the higher RPMS. I would bet money that if you connect a scanner and take it for a drive, you would see that you are shifting at a higher RPM than the tach says... I don't know why you have a 'dent' in your MAF. I wouldnt worry about it too much unless you start going crazy with mods.... (not intake/exhaust/tune) more like SC/Turbo or Nitrous.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts