Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love my white TB, but the smoke'd rock/bug deflector on my hood was an eye sore!!

I decided something had to be done!!

I took it off, and give it to my body shop to color match it to my truck. Summit White!!

What we did was use the same paint code as the truck, added some "flex additive" which allows the paint to move the with plastic, and a sheet of 3m vinyl rock guard for some added confidence!!!!

here are some pics of the finished product

enjoy!!! :thumbsup: i think it gives the front end a bit of a smirk, and looks a lil' more aggressive. plus at first glance, you dont even notice the deflector being there!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Interesting, I got a smoke deflector painted to match and looks great. Although its been a month and already have a chip :mad:, didnt think about the 3m stuff :bonk:. Well, I had them order me a clear one painted from the back like I originally asked them to do. So, we will see how this one does (said it might not match exact for some reason). Does that 3m stuff make it more dull or less shinny at all?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I got a smoke deflector painted to match and looks great. Although its been a month and already have a chip :mad:, didnt think about the 3m stuff :bonk:. Well, I had them order me a clear one painted from the back like I originally asked them to do. So, we will see how this one does (said it might not match exact for some reason). Does that 3m stuff make it more dull or less shinny at all?

it might shine a bit less with the 3m stuff. but its worth it. Lets face it. i know it wont stop everything, and i probably will get chips. but i could get a clear one and paint it from the back like i had originally planned as well. Im interested to see how long this will last.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoever goes out and buys a clear deflector, could you please post in this thread....

where you got it
what you payed
who makes it
and part #

that way everyone can easily find the info to do the same mod!!!

cheers to those who will be doing this soon!!! and thank you to everyone for your kind words! :hail: hahaha this site is awesome!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks kind of mad. I dont think your TB liked the new mod. lol....Look's good!
now when i drive up behind hondas, my truck looks, and says " im gona eat you " with an evil grin!!! :laugh:

:iagree:

Looks evil looking. Just install some HIDs and she'll looks crazy driving down the road at night!!

i have a set of hid's i took from my colorado, because they use the same bulbs. but i was getting this odd pulsing and flickering. yes i know to turn them to nigh (12v) because day time is only 7.5....that helped, but it wasnt working right still. so i took the system out for now.

i plan on getting the drl mod, and the new turn signal mod along with a whole new hid kit after i take care of tires, and a lift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts