Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sadcry:

Just riding along on the way to the in-laws in Springfield MO when out of no where - bam - deer jumped right out in front of us. We hit it broad side going about 60 mph down the highway; it took out the driver side head light, entire grill, bent the hood up and tore loose the bumper cover on the driver's side.

So we pull over and check things out, no fluid running out from underneath, but the radiator is pushed back about an inch or so. It's not touching the fan though so no problem there anyway. We cleared out all the broken plastic and wires from the head light and went on down the road for another two hours to the in-laws house. We're here now so I'll look it over better and take some pics in the morning. I'll post them up later tomorrow.

Great way to start off a holiday weekend 8 hours from home. Anyway, at least no one was hurt and the Trailblazer is drivable. Now, gotta catch some zzz's... :sleepy:

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,305 Posts
Stoopid Deer, Feel sorry for youse but hey at least nobody got hurt, you still have a rad., windshield & can get where you're going. enjoy yer weekend as best you can.:)

· Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,383 Posts
glad to hear everyone is okay! and if you think about it, the damage could've been MUCH MUCH worse. Hitting a deer going 60, I would've expected it to be sitting there not drivable.

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,144 Posts
:sadcry:

Just riding along on the way to the in-laws in Springfield MO when out of no where - bam - deer jumped right out in front of us. We hit it broad side going about 60 mph down the highway; it took out the driver side head light, entire grill, bent the hood up and tore loose the bumper cover on the driver's side.

So we pull over and check things out, no fluid running out from underneath, but the radiator is pushed back about an inch or so. It's not touching the fan though so no problem there anyway. We cleared out all the broken plastic and wires from the head light and went on down the road for another two hours to the in-laws house. We're here now so I'll look it over better and take some pics in the morning. I'll post them up later tomorrow.

Great way to start off a holiday weekend 8 hours from home. Anyway, at least no one was hurt and the Trailblazer is drivable. Now, gotta catch some zzz's... :sleepy:
:eek: that sucks man!

good thing everyone is okay though. :yes:

· Registered
163 Posts
Same thing happened to me but mine the rad was pushed back non drivable pass door didn't open luckily it was a huge deer and missed the airbag sensors still had my bumper haha deer flee another 50 ft or more up the highway after I came to a stop I'm guessing I was doing 75 or 80. Glad I got rid of the Honda civic!!!

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
223 Posts
My minivan got hit on our way up to Niagara Falls. I was lucky though. Deer took out driver's side front quarter panel and the door. Just got my van back wednesday. Saw the deer on the way back on the side of the road.

· Registered
163 Posts
Don't look to bad.... I think mine was around 8k in damage!!!! I almost cried LOL!!! She will be back in no time!! Insurance is a great thing LOL replace with SS bumper haha and upgraded hood :)

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looked it over again this morning, seems to be a thin radiator in front of the main radiator. Trans cooler maybe? Anyway its bent in up against the main core behind it, but luckily still no leaks from it or anything else, knock on wood :bonk:. Spoke to my insurance man (state farm), he said no problem taking it to any one I wanted to get the work done. We'll see how the estimate turns out and how much more the SS front end would cost. Kinda like the stock look though, but we'll see.

Thanks for the responses, I guess this would be my first deer kill ever. Not exactly the weapon of choice!

Attachments

· Registered
102 Posts
I guess the airbag didn't go off did it? 60 mph > something stationary (somewhat) ..wow.. That truck is tough!!
Looks like the deer came across from the driver side fast cuz his head made it all the way over to the passenger side. Oh yeah did you keep the deer?? I would of had some deer steaks tonight!!

· Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
8,149 Posts
Looked it over again this morning, seems to be a thin radiator in front of the main radiator. Trans cooler maybe? Anyway its bent in up against the main core behind it, but luckily still no leaks from it or anything else, knock on wood :bonk:. Spoke to my insurance man (state farm), he said no problem taking it to any one I wanted to get the work done. We'll see how the estimate turns out and how much more the SS front end would cost. Kinda like the stock look though, but we'll see.

Thanks for the responses, I guess this would be my first deer kill ever. Not exactly the weapon of choice!
That would be your air conditioning condenser. Have you tried your A/C to see if it still works?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.