Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
194 Posts
Just saw an add from Toyota advertising how the new FJ Cruiser is good up to 27 or 27.5 inches. I think it is in the latest edition of Off-Road and 4 Wheel Drive or something like that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just saw an add from Toyota advertising how the new FJ Cruiser is good up to 27 or 27.5 inches. I think it is in the latest edition of Off-Road and 4 Wheel Drive or something like that.
I'm not that brave! That is a lot of water. The H1 is rated at 30" but it is a monster. I think the H2 is only rated at 20" and it is bigger than a Tahoe/Yukon. I just looked up the H3 and it is rated a little better than the H2, at 24" of water. These measurements are all at 5 mph.

One bad thing about creeks and streams is that the bottom is seldom nice and flat. One unexpected hole and you've got water over the hood!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree, I wouldn't like it either. And I am no toyota fan to say the least, but they even showed how they designed the air intake to prevent the water from entering the engine. Ended up being 27.5 inches.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I read that they took a lot of precautions to keep the electronics from getting wet, and from everything I read it is a pretty good vehicle. My friend drove one and said it rode too rough for him. He drives a Tahoe.

I had a 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser in 1975-78. It was a fun truck. I once was driving it down a gravel road which took a quick right and I found myself in the middle of a creek (about 23" deep when I measured it on the door). Fortunately it was only about 40-50' wide. I was already half-way across before I realized what had happened, so I held my breath and kept my foot on the gas and made it to the other side. The only warning sign for the creek said "Loose Gravel." :crazy: :D

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
...I read it is a pretty good vehicle. My friend drove one and said it rode too rough for him...
IMO, those FJ cruisers are really cool looking. I think they are full-framed, PT 4x4 like our TB's. I like the suicide rear doors that opens up the whole side of the truck for access and the interior is cool too. FWIU, the MSRP on them is around $24K, but dealers are getting thousands more than sticker for them now!:no: Just like chevy right?:rolleyes:

Joel

·
Registered
253 Posts
IMO, those FJ cruisers are really cool looking. I think they are full-framed, PT 4x4 like our TB's. I like the suicide rear doors that opens up the whole side of the truck for access and the interior is cool too. FWIU, the MSRP on them is around $24K, but dealers are getting thousands more than sticker for them now!
They are kind of retro. They do have a full frame. The only drawback from the suicide doors is that the you can't get out unless the person in the front seat lets you. The local Toyota guy has 5 or 6 sitting out front and they all listed for $30,000+. The dealer had an additional profit sticker of $10,000 tacked on to that. :crazy:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
6,943 Posts
I went to sit in an FJ right when they came out...:no: not for me...the windshield is almost vertical, and like 3 feet away from your face....the interior is almost all plastic so according the to saleslady "you can hose it out"...i dont like the color choices either, and there should be an option to get rid of the two-tone...but if youre a hardcore offroader, its prolly one of the best trucks out there...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I went to sit in an FJ right when they came out...:no: not for me...the windshield is almost vertical, and like 3 feet away from your face....the interior is almost all plastic so according the to saleslady "you can hose it out"...i dont like the color choices either, and there should be an option to get rid of the two-tone...but if youre a hardcore offroader, its prolly one of the best trucks out there...
You can get carpet, leather, alloy wheels, etc..........for a price. That is why the $24K base price jumps to a $32K list price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had terrible rain in Ottawa a few weeks ago (which flooded my basement) and i was caught driving home from Montana's Steakhouse in the worst of it...Road were flooded, and i could see whater coming out of the front grille as i drove..i could tell it was spraying this high cause the runing and driving lights were shining through it...they was also hail (no damage luckily)...you just gotta make sure no water gets sucked into the air intake..i dont know abuot a limit, but i wouldnt go testing to find out either:no:

Sooo i thought my envoy was gonna be a badass after i made one of the worse split second decisions in my life just tried to drive through a flooded underpass, at first i figured ok if it got too high i can always stop and back out before i suck up any water mind u no air filter at all "straight going commando" so as i start i put it in 4wd and creep in and gta san Andreas out the window so i can really see the water level to the outside and it clicked in my head that once i pushed it to where water was up to top of bumper almost that if i stopped to put it on reverse that it would suck up the water anyways so i panicked and just figured push that gas and try and keep the water out of the pipe but in doing so the wave i created from hitting the gas at that point surged water over the hood completely and car just had a quick very hard hiccup then stalled .. I realize at this point you should never go deeper than axles and i should have turned around while i still had a chance but i got ignorant and figured shell go just send it lol yah well i sent it straight to the impound since i wasent around later today when water went down the fuzz towed it now im already paying 280 to get it out of impound is it really worth the cost trying to do the oil trans coolant flushes twice with new plugs and hope it starts or did i like 99% just ruin everything? Axels electronics engine components interior wiring , clutch pads in trans whatever else i havent learned water will ruin in this situation it has 150k miles and has had the 02 sensor code for over a year from my diy poor mans straight piping muff delete that i never got tuned to fix. On top of general dogging it and heavy moving alot of the time , suspensions already all worn out anyways easliy brake hop it whiteycholo style if i wanted too u get the idea of this truck so do i just cut loss and sell parts or do i attempt to do fluid flushes and just get engine running and let the car basically all go to **** shortly after anyways from all the internal clutch stuff and seals and all that thats i contamninated axles and such ? I drove it for 2 1/2 years its been good to me ive been not so nice to it so where do i look like im at here oitside the box p.s. i have been living in this car foe 2 weeks im broke af and just barely getting into my new appartment tomarrow thanks to check and go loans. 😁🍀 oh and before all this at 7 am i spun out going 60 on freeway in rain and 360 all the way facing correct way again but 40 feet off the freeway in catails and weeds and marshy soup car was good drove fine after i paid 160 to have it pulled out so theres that ive already spent aswell should i quite while im ahead and just try to fund another car maybe a lease or some junker 500$ or do i bite the bullet and try to keep it alive ? If interested in vehicle call 517 499 4084 i live in southeast mi wayne county

21 - 29 of 29 Posts