Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when i bought my tb, i had a nice sound system ready to be put in. When the installers tried hooking up the deck and it wouldnt work. They tried two other decks and none worked. They said that it was due to the factory amp in the vehicle. Does anyone know if i am stuck with the factory deck or any ideas that aren't to crazy or super expensive?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know, i don't know the part number used. The weird thing is, my stereo shows no sign of being a bose or any premium system. What was happening was they would get it all hooked up and turn it on, but it wouldn't go very loud. If you tried turning it up it would cut out and the sound would go away completely. I'll try and see if i can remember the harness they tried.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i didnt see that code on the list. So theoretically there should be no amp in the factory system and a new deck should be able to be installed easily. Anyone know what harness works well with the system?

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
well i didnt see that code on the list. So theoretically there should be no amp in the factory system and a new deck should be able to be installed easily. Anyone know what harness works well with the system?
metra gmos01 with onstar or gmrc01 without onstar. from what i hear the gmrc01 can be used if you have onstar but do not use it.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
I would also have to agree with the statement made about questioning the installer. They should have known weather it was ampd or not beforehand, especially when looking up what adapter to use.:m2:

On a different note, if you had the bose system, it would say bose when you turn on the factory radio.

What all was installed?

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I would also have to agree with the statement made about questioning the installer. They should have known weather it was ampd or not beforehand, especially when looking up what adapter to use.:m2:
I wonder if they just wired up the generic harness without the switched B+ wire....could explain the multiple decks not working:undecided

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.