Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll...Been pondering a purchase on a 2004-2005 Trailvoy! I'm leaning towards the Trail Blazer. Was curious if you guys had any advice or anything I should pay attention to. Any suggestions or information would be great. I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for a little while; trying to play around with the search function. Anyway, I def want the 4WD but don't care much about leather, sunroof might be nice but not a necessity.

HELP!?!?

Hope this is in the right place...

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
good choice with the GMT-360 platform. go to the resouces tab at the top right of the header at the top of the page and print out all the RPO codes for the year that you are going to look at and then in the glove box there is a sticker with all that trucks options listed and comepare them and you will know exactly what you are getting. I woudl suggest looking for one with the code G80 if you plan on towing or using that 4WD; the G80 is the locking rear diff and it really helps when you loose traction in the back; also look at the rear axle ratio for how you are going to be using it; 3.42 gears provide the best mpg but least towing; 3.73 is the middle; (this is what i have and works great for towing; i also have the G80) and the 4.10 gears tow the best but give the worst mpg. Good luck with your search and keep us updated.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
welcome to the site.

And yes this is the place that you can find ALL kinds of
info regarding Trailvoys!!
Infact, Have i got a deal for you!! My Loss could be your gain..
I build a Truck a year, then sell it..
Take a look at the pics of my wifes TB in my profile, shoot
me an offer..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I've been looking thru the resources tab! Very cool...I'm new to the bow tie, but def not new to modding and forums. If I do mod the TB it would be my first truck mod experience! ha! Anyway, more advice or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts