Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to get some kind of system into my Grand Prix. So I had a spare MTX TC3401 in the basement. But I didn't have a sub.. So I decided to pull the MXS1004 out of the TBSS and replace it with a RE Audio SE10D4.

IT should work perfect in the Box I have and handles 600wrms.. I have been under using my JH600 Amp. This sub should get the most out of the Amp in 2-ohm

Does anyone have a RE SE10D4 and do you like it...

Opinions???

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
great sub, im always recommending it to people. i have no personal experience with it, but it always has great reviews.

that amp, it does 400 wrms at 2 ohm, right ?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great sub, im always recommending it to people. i have no personal experience with it, but it always has great reviews.

that amp, it does 400 wrms at 2 ohm, right ?

Yeah, it was tested to 513wrms @ 2 ohm

I have a JH600 that is rated at 713wrms @ 2 ohm. That will be powering this sub.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
What!?! Not Two 18" RE MTs? :raspberry

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
numbers aside it was one of the best stealth systems ive sat in:yes::cool:
You know how to make a man Blush... lol

I actually never got to sit in it :(
I felt no need to show my system off, while you and Andrew are around... lol

Then you add Reese and its over for me... LOL

Actually, I have been eyeing the RE for a bit, but I really needed a good excuse to buy one. I got one, when the wife said, I like the way the TBSS system sounds, can you put something in the car...

SURE... :cool::D

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
It's all good, I am sure Andrew will be showing off his cvr in the 5gal painting bucket :laugh:

You should know by now I like all systems big and small, but at Carlisle I am making it a point to sit in George's SS

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
It's all good, I am sure Andrew will be showing off his cvr in the 5gal painting bucket :laugh:

You should know by now I like all systems big and small, but at Carlisle I am making it a point to sit in George's SS
i might port the bucket for maximum S-P-L:laugh:

Another truck to check out is our man Nelson's - two thumbs up:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
i might port the bucket for maximum S-P-L:laugh:

Another truck to check out is our man Nelson's - two thumbs up:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You know that thing will gain H-U-G-E dbeez from an aero and the "round" bucket design (I'm thinking +6.34) :dielaugh:

Ok off topic, lol

George, any progress yet? we need updatez!:D

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
I too have been eyeing RE, I still don't know if I will go through with it as it is difficult to turn away from my T2, but the XXX is looking real nice, that or a few lower powered subs for more cone area.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know that thing will gain H-U-G-E dbeez from an aero and the "round" bucket design (I'm thinking +6.34) :dielaugh:

Ok off topic, lol

George, any progress yet? we need updatez!:D
I ordered the Sub yesterday and I am upgrading the Speaker wire to 10-Gauge. I am drilling a small hole in my current BOx and running the Speaker wire right to the Sub..

The SE was made for small Boxes.. Spec are perfect for my Stealth Box.

It is only 6" Deep and will fit in right where the MXS1004 came out.

I spent the last 2 days putting a Small System in my GTP... Not a smart Idea in 90+ heat

I forgot what a PITA the rear speakers are in the Grand Prix.. Had to pull the rear seat out...

Pioneer 400UB
Pioneer 6x9 and 5.25
MTX TC3401 AMP
MTX MXS1004 Sub
10" Sealed Box

DId that all on the cheap.. I have about $350.00 in the entire setup.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is ther birth certificate for my JH600

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
should be a auick install