Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contemplating removing the side molding. However, i was just wondering how much of a color difference there is in the paint? And if there is a difference how it should be fixed without repainting.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,405 Posts
What some have found when demolding the doors is that there has been damage and the door repainted. Demolding a door that has been repainted may well lead you to some problems.

If you are the origional owner, and truck has been garaged, then you probably won't have any issues. Sometimes the paint under the molding needs a good polish to closely match the rest of the door.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,282 Posts
Forest Green metallic? I saw no color difference on mine. Yours should be fine as long as it hasn't been repainted. I wouldn't let the possibility deter you, but you never know. Pull one piece off at a time. If you notice a difference you can always put it back on with new adhesive.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
308 Posts
I just did the doors on my 2002 and there was no significant fading and no color difference. If you have a pinstripe,pull a piece of it first and check. In all likelyhood, the pinstripe was on the car for the same length of time and if there is fading, you can easily replace the pinstripe. You can also do the same thing with the luggage rack.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
540 Posts
my driverside got repainted b4 i got it. i can tell cuz they did a crappy job taping and got paint and clear on a corner of the molding. my buddie is gonna fill, sand and repaint bolth sides for me all i need to do is buy supplys and do the sanding. cant wait. i was also debating on just painting and clearing the moldings but i think im just gonna rip them off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.