Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Yep, it's behind the dash..... near the glove box.

Many problems with the blower motor, so there are lots of threads. One, or more, have pics.

Try the search, but it might take a while to find the one with the right pics.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
125 Posts
I had a live one!

Last fall after being parked for two days, I took my Trailblazer out to go into town. When the engine warmed up a little and the heater fan started to run, the whole dash was vibrating. I thought the fan itself must have broken for it to be so out of balance. Took it apart and found the fan and area between it and AC evaporator full of fiberglass insulation. Put it back together and the next morning it was starting again! So, I took it apart again, cleaned it out again, and put a mouse trap up in the fan housing! You can see the results! Never happened again. I have no idea how that mouse got in there. And I don't live in the middle of the woods. I would have built the mouse a nest box if he would have agreed to stay out of my Trailblazer's ventilation fan!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
Let me tell you about rat

We went away for 3 weeks, took Jeep GC, left TB on the slab, and other Jeep GC a few feet away.

Returned and took other Jeep out Sunday. No windshield squirt, and the A/C wouldn't work.

Found rat had gnawed under-hood lamp wire off, shorting the fuse out, killing the A/C, and the windshield wiper fluid hose was gnawed off.

Looked under hood of Trailblazer, found a rat nest, which was removed.

Cranked Trailblazer, turned on A/C and immediately the blower sucked in some wad, stopping all air flow.

Took blower motor out, removed giant wad of rat pack pull-down under-hood insulation which had been packed into the outside-air intake.

So, the washer hose was gnawed off on the Trailblazer, too.

Removed wiper arms and cowl to fix the washer hose, and located the sealant-covered access hole just forward of the blower, under cowl, on top surface of sheet metal.

Used a razor knife to slice the sealant, remove the cover, and here's why the blower rotor could get stuffed with rat trash:

Now, why in world did GM engineers leave this gaping hole open into the blower wheel, with NO grille?

On the Jeep GC, there is, in fact, a grille with mesh.

Rats and mice easily access this area by climbing up the INSIDE of the fender.

This entire area we filled with folded 1/4" and 1/8" hardware cloth, blocking any future access by rats, or mice.

PS: Caught the rat packing more trash in there and SHOT IT with .22 rat shot using a Ruger MKII. Rat shot is safe to use under hood, as the pellets are easily deflected by anything under the hood. Driveway motion detectors placed under the Trailblazer and Jeep GC alerted us to the presence of the rat. We knew exactly when to find it under the hood.

Continuing: Rats and mice, on other hand, don't take too well to rat shot.

See my other post on mice here: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=167801

1 - 7 of 7 Posts