Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to turn off this system well im interested in the lights not comming on all day without having to manually turn them off is there a way?

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Cutting in envolved.

Directions however have been release to the public. I don't mind sharing for the DIY type--after all that is how I got started--doing things on my own.

I do provide 'ready to go kits'

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...TT&Product_Code=JAT-DRL-MOD&Category_Code=JAT

Let me know if you have any questions. I have (3) versions.

1. quad beams (high and low beams = low's don't shut off when you click on high) and auto beams are disabled (parking lights remain on)

2. auto beams and no quad beams

3. auto beams and yes quad beams

Thanks!

-Mike

·
Registered
trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well got around and did the DIY one smooth sailing all the way now i dont have to turn them off each time i get in and no flicker when i open the doors sweet L:D:D thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
177 Posts
drl

hello forum! I was just wondering, why the drl bother everybody when you dont even know there on.Its a safety thing i guess.i only know mine are on when pull in the garage or behind someone..just asking:)

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
hello forum! I was just wondering, why the drl bother everybody when you dont even know there on.Its a safety thing i guess.i only know mine are on when pull in the garage or behind someone..just asking:)
it is more a problem if you upgrade to HID's as the DRL's will kill the ballists if you don't do something about them:yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
headlights ON- full power.

and something like this....

DRL's on--- computer is generating a piece wise signal.. in essence- its taking lets say 12 volts--- and chopping off bits of it... so the headlight is actually in a sense flashing.. (too fast for us to tell).. but the result we do see- is that the lights output is less light. (and less voltage)

the ballast sees this chopped up signal-- and the result is you can get flickering of the DRL's which isnt good for them. or a ballast that cant tell if it should be on or off...

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
327 Posts
Cutting in envolved.

Directions however have been release to the public. I don't mind sharing for the DIY type--after all that is how I got started--doing things on my own.

I do provide 'ready to go kits'

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...TT&Product_Code=JAT-DRL-MOD&Category_Code=JAT

Let me know if you have any questions. I have (3) versions.

1. quad beams (high and low beams = low's don't shut off when you click on high) and auto beams are disabled (parking lights remain on)

2. auto beams and no quad beams

3. auto beams and yes quad beams

Thanks!

-Mike
Can I ask where the DIY instuctions are! I've looked everywhere and the only one I find is the one posted on this site. (Lose drl and alc)

·
Registered
trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
327 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.