Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
02 Oldsmobile Bravada, 235,000 miles, vortec 4.2L
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, on 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada, whenever the battery is disconnected or the vehicle jump started, the needles on all the gauges and the speedometer would spin all over the place and not return to their original position. I have to disconect the battery again and try couple of times before they all return to zero. Is this normal, did I blow a fuse?

I disconnect the battery whenever I do electrical or electronic work. I disconnect the negative first then the positive and put them back on in the reverse order.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pretty sure your dash has stepper motors that move the various needles to tell you things about the engine and speed, tach, etc.

If you are having them spinning (you said it - right?) and not going back to NULL POINT - you cannot blame that on a fuse - not on for the dash anyway since they are obviously getting voltage or they'd not move.

Why don't you send an email off to DrSpeedometer.com?

Advertisement follows:

Contact Us

I would love to speak with you about your gauge problems, please call me directly on my toll free line at 1-800-405-1056 or email me by clicking the email address below!
Thanks,
DrSpeedometer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts