Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Trailblazer LS. In the last couple of weeks, when I first turn the key to start the truck, I'm hearing a series of loud clicking sounds coming coming from right behind the dashboard...it's sounds like it's coming from the area between the steering wheel and the radio console. It usually happens when I start the truck first time for the day, or after it sets for a while. When it happens, the number of clicks varies between 2 and 5. I have had the panels and covers off of the left side around the steering wheel, but can't ID where the clicks are coming from. Everything in the truck appears to be working normally.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you find to be the cause? THis is driving me crazy, and I would like to get it fixed. Any suggestions? :confused:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
Possibly the stepper motors in your speedo head going south. Do a search for "stepper motors" and you should find some info on them.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I just found out what it is....quite by accident. Turns out, it's the AC vent select actuator. If the AC vent selector knob is in the all-the-way to the left position (face/mid vents), I can duplicate the sound at will. If I go one detent to the right, it doesn't make the clicking sound anymore. I'm guessing the blend door actuator is overtraveling or hitting the stop. Works just fine one notch off hard left, so I'm not going to worry about it for now. Thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts