Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright.. the last week, i've been having an issue with all my lights on my 02 TB. They flicker continiously. I jut got my batt and alternator tested and they both cheked out fine. might I add, i don't have that vaccume(air pump) on my TB. anyway, the guy at the garage told me all is ok and it might be my aftermarket stereo. now that being sais, i don't run serious power, and it's been in my truck for 2 years and never has this ever happend. i went out of town for the day and comming back, my voltages droped and of course the batt light came on. it's only done this twice and when it has done it, it would last about 5 sec. so now, i don't know what to check for.. any suggestions on why my truck has turned into a christmas tree?:hissy:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...i don't have that vaccume(air pump) on my TB.
How's that possible? They all came with it. And if you removed it, you'd have a continuous Service Engine light and you'd fail emission testing.
...i went out of town for the day and comming back, my voltages droped and of course the batt light came on. it's only done this twice and when it has done it, it would last about 5 sec. so now, i don't know what to check for.. any suggestions on why my truck has turned into a christmas tree?:hissy:
When you see the BATT light, that's a different issue than the one many of us are seeing elsewhere that's related to the air pump. You either have an intermittent alternator that worked when they tested it, or intermittent wiring from the alternator to the battery. Inspect that wiring very carefully, as well as the fat ground wires from the battery and engine to the fender. Loosen and retighten all bolts that hold wires to their terminals, including the fender ones.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check the battery cables. Cables can corrode at the terminals or somewhere in the cable and lose the ability to carry enough current. Then they heat and get even worse. I've seen a bad cable connection at the battery smoke from the heat of running the starter.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts