Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer Lt EXT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 03 TB LT EXT with factory D.I.C. The lower steering wheel controls are for the D.I.C light up but don’t work. The upper buttons for stereo & heat/AC work fine. The mileage is shown & if you press the button on the cluster it will change to “trip”, that’s it.
I was going to replace the buttons but since they light up I’m assuming they are fine.
Am I wrong or should I try it & see if it fixes the problem? Any ideas what the problem could be?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Lights do not make a working switch - they're separate circuits and this just confirms voltage to the switch, not what the switch can do with it.

AND --- you're dealing with digital controls here - NOT analog!
*I'm betting this problem is in a computer (BCC?) and not just a function of a bad switch - there's too many failures to maybe mean that they all failed at the same time.​

Look for a commonality!

DON'T be poking a test light into digital circuits - they don't like the surprize and you won't like the cost to fix what you did to it.

If you insist on a blinking light for testing digital circuits --- then invest in a cheap-o HF logic probe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts