Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pickin up the truck this morning i went to lower it today and when i was done went to cut off the rear muffler. I just have it as a turn down set up for now right behind the axle since im doing a mandrel 3 inch exhaust this week on the truck.

THe sound is amazing. No drone but you can really hear it outside the truck. If anyone wants to keep the stock muffler id just say cut off the rear muffler/resonator or whatever and have your shop weld in a 3 inch pipe in its place and put your tip on at the end. Will sound much better and wont be a ache to your wifes ears at all

tony

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
:iagree: Dude, can you get an audio clip? I'm really interested :yes: If you get one, host it on www.yourfilehost.com

EDIT: Oh wait, it's the SS, thought you were talking about the I6 :duh:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Nice, really want to hear a clip of an SS without the resonator, as that is a free way to get a nice growl to the stock exhaust (and I would definately do it if/when I get an SS:yes: )

·
Registered
56 Posts
NORCAL SS said:
pickin up the truck this morning i went to lower it today and when i was done went to cut off the rear muffler. I just have it as a turn down set up for now right behind the axle since im doing a mandrel 3 inch exhaust this week on the truck.

THe sound is amazing. No drone but you can really hear it outside the truck. If anyone wants to keep the stock muffler id just say cut off the rear muffler/resonator or whatever and have your shop weld in a 3 inch pipe in its place and put your tip on at the end. Will sound much better and wont be a ache to your wifes ears at all

tony
I know you said you would be in the Sacramento area in the next couple of weeks, PM me and let me know. I'd like to check out what you have done. Ben.

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this weekend pulling front end apart puttin new headlights and pulling interior out and putting in my system. Exhaust should be done by next week also truck only has 50 miles on it and wont come out much. the crank pulley ill try to put on this weekend also next will be the tune and intake and long tubes.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
58 Posts
NORCAL SS said:

tony
Do you have the 4.2 or 5.3? I'm assuming 5.3 since your ID is NORCAL SS

Has any one done this to there 4.2? if what's it sound like?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
616 Posts
sdhsg said:
Do you have the 4.2 or 5.3? I'm assuming 5.3 since your ID is NORCAL SS

Has any one done this to there 4.2? if what's it sound like?
Yer in the SS forum....so it's a 6.0L he's talking about. :yes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
faSSt said:
cut mine off yesterday morning and put a 4 inch tip on. looks great and sounds sweet.
Took a look at the exhaust under my SS today. Looks like 2 mufflers. One behind the axle and one infront. Which one is the resonator and which one is the muffler? I'm guessing the smaller one is the muffler. Does it matter legally which one you remove? I would like to remove the resonater to get better sound. Which one should I remove?

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Tractor said:
Took a look at the exhaust under my SS today. Looks like 2 mufflers. One behind the axle and one infront. Which one is the resonator and which one is the muffler? I'm guessing the smaller one is the muffler. Does it matter legally which one you remove? I would like to remove the resonater to get better sound. Which one should I remove?

Thanks

The one BEHIND the axle is the resonator

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the one in teh back

i have a trailblazer ss also

im going to start my exhuast this weekend going to have the magnaflow muffler put in and do 3 inch all the way to the back. over teh axle is really crimped on my tbss

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ive been to busy with doing the audio on it if anyone is from the area they can come out and hear it for themselves

1 - 17 of 17 Posts